Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin E-Boat badge help needed

Greetings

Could a forum member please help with a ball park value estimate on the attached badge please?

Thanks
    Last edited by nzef1940; 09-26-2007, 06:55 AM.

back.
    Last edited by nzef1940; 09-26-2007, 06:57 AM.

Comment

First of all, it is original. However, as is obvious to you, its condition is IMO poor to low average. I would grade these as poor, average, good, excellent, outstanding. To me, the state of corrosion is well advanced on your example.

The value is very subjective and up to the buyer and seller naturally. Therefore some leeway is in order to answer your question.

Are you the owner of this badge or the thinking of buying, it matters, at least to me, in the answer. John
      Last edited by John R.; 09-13-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Hi John

Thanks, yes I am the owner (just purchased), I prefer badges actually worn as opposed to mint examples.

Mike

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
        First of all, it is original. However, as is obvious to you, its condition is IMO poor to low average. I would grade these as poor, average, good, excellent, outstanding. To me, the state of corrosion is well advanced on your example.

The value is very subjective and up to the buyer and seller naturally. Therefore some leeway is in order to answer your question.

Are you the owner of this badge or the thinking of buying, it matters, at least to me, in the answer. John

Comment

OK then, you have an original well worn example.

I undertand better where your collecting interest are directed. This badge has the unusual feature of having some gilding left on the wreath. You almost never see that, yours has it.

I would value this at 400 US. It would be higher except for the corrosion on the obverse. The reverse is not that bad. It does not look like zinc pest, but more like what might happen from salt spray perhaps.

You should examine it carefully with a magnifying glass to make sure though that the corrosion is not zinc pest.
          John

Comment

Thanks John

A good result all round.

cheers

Mike

Comment

S-boot

Hi Mike,
              I agree with John, and this badge might even bring $475. These 2nd pattern S-boot badges have become more popular and many new collectors are not as concerned by condition.

Regards,
              Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X