uboat opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uboat opinions please

what are your opinions abaout his uboat badge? some people think that it have been refinished....
    thanks!!

Hi Javi always hard going off pics but that would be my assumption too. Finish looks very heavy in places, and too some extent covers the detail. MM looks alittle faint for a GWL which could be down to a possible refinish. These awards had a gold wash and did not hold a finish that well, whilst this one looks thick and overdone. That is just my opinion and like i have already said it is hard going off pics. All the best

Comment

IMO the badge looks like good . As to the gilding it is not uncommon to come across badges with a stunning gilding . In this case the obverse shows a yellowish colour (the flash? ) while the reverse colour looks like usual .
      It is very difficult to judge the gilding by means of a pic
      regards
      giorgio

Comment

I think it is fine with possibly a very unusually good finish for this badge. The lastest high end fakes are discussed in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...submarine+fake

The badge you posted is not one of these but in fact a period piece. It is quite possible it has been refinished, but we can't tell from a photo.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X