• Show
Clear All

Opinion about E-boat Badge

Hi all,

I need your opinions on these badges.
    I think it is a fake.

regards

Hi,

I agree, my first impression is also that it's a fake - probably a casting of an RS. There appears to be casting pitting both obverse and reverse, the reverse has a "soft" appearance (not the edges, more to do with the slight dish of the "flat" areas apparent from the scan), the hinge is strange and the finish looks new. Is it a very heavy badge?

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Searcher would agree with Mike definately in the R.S style. Quite a few things wrong with this award. Not one for my collection.

Comment

S-BOAT 2nd PATTERN

Hi Searcher
        It seems that this piece is trying to mimic an RS type. Looking at the hinge box for placement and the round base of the catch. If you look close you will see notabible differences between the hinge base size on my example vs the example that you have shown. In addition the texture of the surface seems to be somewhat rough. Remember this is item is supposed to be mfg. in fine zinc, so I would expect to see a somewhat smoother finish to the rear. JMHO. I beleive that this item my not be the real macoy. Here are some pics of an original RS E-boat type 2. you compare.

Comment

pics E -BOAT TYPE 2 RS

Front

Comment

O WELL SEEMS i CAN'T POST PICS

FOR SOME GOOD REASON, """""DOH""""" I'M SORTA PISSED OFF, SINCE I RENEWED MY SUBSCRIPTION OR I THOUGHT SO.
            Last edited by RICK S; 09-16-2007, 02:33 PM.

Comment

E-boat Type 2

O' Well Thought I Could Gain Some Attention But Unfortunately No Moderators Are On Line. My Luck. DISGUSTED
              Last edited by RICK S; 09-16-2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

E-boat Type 2

Comment

Hi Rick,

There's a moderator online now. I'll ask about the subscription issue. Please give it a bit of time.

Regards
                  Mike

PS: I'll come back and tidy up this thread a bit later.
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X