Opinion On Destroyer f.o.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion On Destroyer f.o.

It is mm f.o. but I cant scan it because pin will not fully open.
    Attached Files

Reverse

The f.o. is a convex marking.
    Attached Files

Comment

Lacking a good many details on the obverse and a hardware setup i have not seen on a FO badge, IMO a fake.

Mark

Comment

I agree with Mark; totally wrong setup on the reverse, and on the obverse, those poor sailors don't have a door to get into the ship.

Al

Comment

Hi,

A known fake, discussed a few times now. Probably the same original as the SHuCo Coastal Artillery Badge fake.

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Ok

I'll post a SHuCo Coastal Artillery Badge next probally the fake your refering to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              I'll post a SHuCo Coastal Artillery Badge next probally the fake your refering to.
              If it's got a wide bellied main pin like the Fo Destroyer (but oriented vertically), then it probably is bad. If it's got a horizontal needle pin with tophook configuration, you're possibly OK.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Jimmy,

Did this and the Coastal Art. come from a guy in Arizona? If they did he should have disclosed to you they were no good. He sent me pics of two last month (look very much like yours) and I told him specifically the reasons why.

If it was him let me know as I'm going to give him an ear full.

Thanks!!

Bob

Comment

Max

I bought these and several more from a dealer at the Max. May have been from Az. He had a lot maybe 5 tables of glass showcases. Maybe an older guy.

Comment

Doesn't sound like him, he just sent the pics less than a month ago.

Comment

A decent enough attempt which has fooled many a new collector.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X