Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with KM badges

Hello gents!

I have the chance to purchase the following badges but kriegsmarine badges are really not my field and I would appreciate any input on the badges concerning originality. I know that photos are not the best and I sorry to say that I dont have any photos of the reverse. Its possible to tell anything from these photos? I have searched the forum for a few hours and I have to add cant get it sorted out due to the poor and small size photos.
    My thoughts are that the auxuliary looks a bit promising and maybe the coastal badge but I might be wrong. The rest I just cant tell about.

Thanks in advance,
    "Felix" - N. Hansson
    Attached Files

coastal artillery
    Attached Files

Comment

Destroyer 1
      Attached Files

Comment

Destroyer 2
        Attached Files

Comment

E boat or S boat
          Attached Files

Comment

The state of the hobby requires high resolution front and back images for our collective opinion to have any relevance at all. Without such images, it would be a guess no matter how nice the badges look from the front since we can only see half of the badge. With poor images, we are making judgements on only 35% of the badge and due to value of such badges, this is not fair to you.

I strongly recommend you send a message to the seller, have each badge photographed front and back with higher resolution and then post.

If he is not willing to do this, then personally, I would forget it no matter what the obverse seems to be. If someone else buys them while you are waiting, wait for another. These have all just recently shown up on estand at competitive prices.

I have not yet been refused such a request by any dealer or seller on estand, you should be granted the request also before you put your money down.

I wish I could just say good or bad on each image, but I am not able to do this. Maybe others can weigh in and I certainly do not want to prevent others from their opinions on your images.

From the images, I want to see the rest of the badge in higher resolution before I could make a recommendation for you--none of these are cheap.

Please take this in the manner I am trying to relate, which is, to protect you.

John
            Last edited by John R.; 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Felix,

You do need to get those reverse images as John states. Destroyer 2 has a good chance but my gut feeling puts question marks over all the rest. There's no way I'd be giving any sort of definitive opinion based on these pics though and I certainly would not be spending any money using these pics.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks John for your input!

I just stumbled across this lot and it comes with 15 other badges and is sold as a group. Price might not be that high. A few of the other badges such as panzers and LW flak looks ok. But I have spotted one fake as well. Unfortunately Im quite new to KM badges and its too hard to judge form the photos. I have asked for better photos and hope I get.

Other opinions are most welcome.

Thanks,
                "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Mike;

Thanks for your help and I know how hard it is. I have often kept silent when poor photos like these are presented not to mislead the guy asking into a wrong decision.

But my policy is to try to help when I can. I appreciate all help and hope for better photos.

Its only worth the risk if the price is very low. Hunters dilemma.

Best regards,
                  "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

There is a fair chance that all of these are fake. I would pass. best wishes,
                    jeff
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

All help is welcome!

Cheers,
                      Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X