• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Sub Badge.

pic
    Attached Files

btt

I just bought this badge off estand and need help. This badge looks good to me, but just want to be sure. Any idea who the maker is? I see nothing like it in "Torpedo Los". Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Comment

btt

Anyone???????

Comment

Hi looks very much the Deumur. Should have also mentioned with different style of reverse set up.

Comment

U-boat badge

Originally posted by mrg View Post
          Hi looks very much the Deumur. Should have also mentioned with different style of reverse set up.
          Hello,
          I agree with MRG, it looks like a Deumer to me too. BTW, nice badge.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Hi MRG
            of course you are right , but I find uncommon the gun and the pin (length and shape)
            All the best
            giorgio

Comment

Agree with comments above, Giorgio who has an eye for these types hit it on the head--IMO original Deumer, non-standard but maybe not replaced pin, hinge OK, catch replaced or a varient. Fair condition due to the unusual reverse setup, still, a period piece. John
              Last edited by John R.; 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

btt

That's interesting about the catch. Looking at the badge I see no evidence that anything was replaced. I often hear people say they see the catch/hinge replaced, but, why go to the trouble when you could buy a new one easier than repairing in most cases. I just don't see any areas on the badge that indicate a replaced part.

Comment

Do a search on this badge and/or look it up in Torpedo Los. Could just be a varient to the this badge, unknown to this point. John

Comment

Hi I tend to go with varient reverse have seen a few Deumurs with this style of set up, it was not uncommon for Makers to share and mixed catch and hinges.

Comment

btt

Now that makes more sense about a varient piece, where manufactures shared pieces. The one in "Torpedo Los" has a cut out swaz as well and diff catch, so I just figured this was some sort of manufacturing variation. Does this piece look late or mid-war? I would think mid as it still has most gold finish on it still.

Comment

Hi not all Deumurs have cut out swaz, as for date of manufacture it is imposiible to tell. What you have to take into account regarding reverse hardware is in times of war there may have been short falls in production and so brought in from other companies. The normal supplier (if not produced on site) may no longer be operational. There has been times on this forum where reverse set up have been identified as coming from the same maker but on a different award.What you have to be aware off thou is replacement done to a high standard to increase value. All the best.

Comment

Hi John
                          for comparison a nice and correct Deumer solid swastika
                          all the best
                          giorgio
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X