Eboat 1st type opinions welcome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eboat 1st type opinions welcome...

Water People - this one here is one of my potential purchases this week, should I snatch it? I did some research on the 1st type Schnellboots, and couldn't find anything to worry about with this badge. What surprised me when holding it was how massive it was, weight and size!
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

e.boat badge

I do not like it personaly.The back set up on the does not look right.Iam no expert so better for someone more experienced to give their opinion.

Comment

Its not a Cave Creek special.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Don Doering; 08-28-2007, 05:22 PM.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

I'm thinking this is a VERY heavily worn original badge. The reverse detail looks correct to me, except for the the pock marks. Any chance for weight and measurements?
          Here is a reverse pic to compare.
          Regards,
          Brian
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys
            BTW - Don, you don't look as foggy anymore, did you take part in "Pimp-my-Avatar"?
            Attached Files

Comment

hinge

Comment

Mm
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VonStigler1 View Post
                  I'm thinking this is a VERY heavily worn original badge. The reverse detail looks correct to me, except for the the pock marks. Any chance for weight and measurements?
                  Here is a reverse pic to compare.
                  Regards,
                  Brian
                  Thanks, Bri - not anytime soon, but the badge was very heavy! I'll see what else I can find in detailed pix I took...
                  does this help?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R. Schmitt View Post
                    Thanks guys
                    BTW - Don, you don't look as foggy anymore, did you take part in "Pimp-my-Avatar"?
                    But of course.
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

I would say 100% original.

It is very worn and detail-wise, there are better ones out there, but it's original IMO.
                      Tim

Another one for comparison:
                      Attached Files

Comment

and the reverse.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jesus - I wish it would look like that!

Comment

This badge is original I think, can't explain the holes. However, it has been heavily polished maybe with a machine. Do not know why. The eagle is almost gone, the boat details almost gone too.

My take, pass for a better one. They are out there. John

Comment

Hi,

I agree with the genuine but heavily worn obverse opinions. The reverse is not that bad though.

Re the pockmarks, I could live with the one above the hinge (probably done by the hinge pin head when it was knocked into place) but the lower left "pockmark" looks to have the grey finish inside it, so either a fault in the metal used, or crap in the die that was impressed into the badge and later fell out, would be my only explanations.

Regards
                              Mike
                              Regards
                              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X