High Seas Fleet Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Seas Fleet Badge

I have never really liked Kriegsmarine stuff all that well, but over the years picked up a few things. I never trusted KM badges that much, because they were highly reproduced years ago, so I never picked up that many. Most all of the ones I have had were either acquired from vets, picked up in Germany at the fleamarkets, or, rarely, taken in trade from area collectors (and maybe only one I have left fits this category). I never got them from the military shows I attended. Someone is wanting to buy some or all of the ones I have, and I am thinking about it; however, I do not know current values at all. The ones I got from vets I have no doubts of at all, but I am not totally sure which are all the ones I got from vets. If you would I would like to know ballpark current values on the KM badges, and your opinions on them. I never ever gave a "lifetime warranty" on any of this stuff, so I would show your opinions to him for him to use in making his decision. I would never give more than a reasonable return on the stuff, because I am not a surety company against future market losses for someone's investments. If I sell something worth $100, and 5 years later the market value drops to $25.....I don't want to buy it back for the $100. Also, once I sell something, I may use the money for something and therefore not have the money to buy it back. Finally, I don't know that at some distant time I could be sure it was the same one I sold him......I can't remember where and when I got everything now, and have no idea what I will be able to remember 5 or 10 years into the future . I thank you for whatever information you may be able or wish to provide me.

Thanks,
    Ron

Have changed my opinion to upgrade it to a medium example of this badge in zinc based on the obverse gilt finish. John
    Last edited by John R.; 08-12-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      Medium example of this badge in zinc. John
      Again, thanks John.

Ron
      Last edited by John R.; 02-01-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Ron nice original and not a bad example of a Zinc type . Has a very good amount of finish, have seen alot worse, higher medium end i would say but it really depends on how much a buyer is prepared to pay. All the best

Comment

Hi Ron,

Imo you have a nice earlier zinc example - with the harder to find plated (now bubbling) reverse finish. The finish is looking a bit funky, but condition is pretty good. You should be looking at US$3-400 for this one.

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
            Hi Ron,

Imo you have a nice earlier zinc example - with the harder to find plated (now bubbling) reverse finish. The finish is looking a bit funky, but condition is pretty good. You should be looking at US$3-400 for this one.

Regards
            Mike
            Thanks Mike. No, the guy wasn't a friend....just someone who knew me from when I used to collect actively. I just think he thought I might let them go for around what they used to bring when I was active.

I just decided to keep them a while longer, based on his offer. I really wasn't trying to get rid of my stuff now; however, since I was not a real Kriegsmarine fan I was considering it until the last contact. I wasn't trying to sell the stuff, and I wasn't even considering a few of the pieces.......it was maybe going to be all the KM badges or none. Thanks again for the information.

Ron
            Last edited by Ron C.; 08-11-2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I decided not to sell this one, or any of the ones I had, to the guy I mentioned before....the one who offered $30 for the Auxiliary Cruiser badge......since he offered me $25 for this one. Instead I am giving it to my son too, since he now has an interest in some of my stuff.

I did try rephotographing it with a different background. I am beginning to think that it isn't so much the background as it is me. I am now a few months over 75, and my hands shake since my stroke that I can't hold the camera still like I used to do. I can't keep from hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard, and the truth (as much as I hate to admit it is I am an "old fart" now and I am nearer the end than the beginning....a whole lot......but I am still trying, I hate giving up). I guess I will have to try to dig out my other equipment and set it up and use my tripods and lights. I just have to get downstairs, find it and see if I can put it back together from were ever those guys working here stuck it.

I think my black velvet background is best......I wonder where they stuck it. It was the old velvet, not the crappy stuff they sell now.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X