X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery - Schwerin

Hi everybody!
    Here are (bad ) photos from a CAB
    What do you think about it (althought it will be impossible to give a 100% guarantee opinion!)
    IMO, the hinge and manufacturer naming look OK
    Looks like a good tombak from what I can see but I would like your idea about it
    Better pics would have helped
    Thanks a lot

Hi Matoleon,

i think because of the poor quality of the photo's it makes it difficult for anyone to commit to making a positive ID on the badge.Having said that,i think the badge could well be an original.De-nazified,missing pin and possible catch replacement.Can you get better pic's?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I unfortunately can't
      I thought, as you did, that the catch may has been changed
      Pity I cannot get better pics!

Comment

Going off those pics i would say fake, lettering looks thick and look at the bottom tie bands . Not one for me. All the best

Comment

It would be nice with better pictures, but I must say that this is a fake.
          As mrg says, the lettering are to fat and the bottom tie bands are really bad work. There are also some detail issues on the gun that are not right, but that could just be the bad picture.

My thoughts on why it's de-nazified is because you get more money on a de-nazified item on e-bay then a fake badge. People normally think it's a good one sinze it's been de-nazified.

Comment

Good or bad, there is no reason to own this badge. It has nothing going for it.

Since you do not seem to own it, why bother?

Probably a good badge based on the photos.

John
            Last edited by John R.; 07-20-2007, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Imo, even from these pics, the badge is an absolutely 100% genuine tombak example. The catch has imo been repaired and a serious pity about the de-nazification. Value would probably run to no more than US$50 imo.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X