FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a real German U-boat and I am not talking about a badge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the guy who has got everything Kriegsmarine. Nice.

Al

Comment

Toy U-boat

Originally posted by fldjr View Post
      Jody,
      Very nice toy. It is made by Arnold. There should be an eagle on the front of the conning tower. Arnold made these postwar as well, with a white US star on the side (and minus the eagle).
      Regards,
      Fred
      Hi Fred,
      I did not show the front of the conning tower (on purpose), but it does have the eagle and swastika.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

That is pretty neat.

Were they made to actually float?

John

Comment

Toy U-boat

Originally posted by John T View Post
          That is pretty neat.

Were they made to actually float?

John
          Hi John,
          No they can't float (it is actually rather heavy for it's size). They actually have a little built in metal stand which is part of the boat (you can even see the stand in the Schepke photo). If you turn the key the propeller spins.

The toy is made out of tin and all of the detail is painted on. I guess it proves that the Germans were great toy makers.

Since I love KM stuff, and I own all of the badges and edged weapons (at least the edge weapons I want), etc, I needed something else. I thought this U-boat will help give my collection a little something that many KM collections lack. In addition, I have always loved that photo that is in the Signal book Years of Retreat, and I jumped at finally getting to own one. You don't see something like that in this type of condition for sale very often or at all. To say that it is rare is an understatement.

I am glad you guys enjoy it.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

very cool!!!

i love the old toys, i have a few and think they really put allot of workmanship into them and thought, they can't make'm like they used to!

I just went to a show here in bakersfield and they had some old toys there and wanted allot for them, they averaged 250.00 and one was a Sub but was a Buck Rodgers Sub and they wanted 300.00 for it and even had a older rusted one and wanted 150.00 for it?

so yours is great looking and would love to see the front of the tower too!!

I have a little box that shortly after the war they turned there weapon making machines into toy making machines and they made these little german tanks i think they are from 1947-50 and they are a set of 8-9 out of 10 i think i will have to relook? but they did the same workmanship and are really cool. so toys are a very hard thig to find now of days, I get some Auction books and results and some of the old toys they sell sell for well over $100,000.00 and even ones we had as kids are selling for 100.00's to well over 1000.00, the wind up toys like yours is worth allot, my mother picked me up a new make of a old toy that was made back in the 1890's and it is a limited BUT new toy and is worth over 200.00 now! and she picked it up for only 30.00 some dollars 10 years ago!????

but just wanted to say your sub is nice and love the photo you have for it too!

super job getting both together!

Gregory Koepp

Comment

very cool!!!

i love the old toys, i have a few and think they really put allot of workmanship into them and thought, they can't make'm like they used to!

I just went to a show here in bakersfield and they had some old toys there and wanted allot for them, they averaged 250.00 and one was a Sub but was a Buck Rodgers Sub and they wanted 300.00 for it and even had a older rusted one and wanted 150.00 for it?

so yours is great looking and would love to see the front of the tower too!!

I have a little box that shortly after the war they turned there weapon making machines into toy making machines and they made these little german tanks i think they are from 1947-50 and they are a set of 8-9 out of 10 i think i will have to relook? but they did the same workmanship and are really cool. so toys are a very hard thig to find now of days, I get some Auction books and results and some of the old toys they sell sell for well over $100,000.00 and even ones we had as kids are selling for 100.00's to well over 1000.00, the wind up toys like yours is worth allot, my mother picked me up a new make of a old toy that was made back in the 1890's and it is a limited BUT new toy and is worth over 200.00 now! and she picked it up for only 30.00 some dollars 10 years ago!????

but just wanted to say your sub is nice and love the photo you have for it too!

super job getting both together!

Gregory Koepp

Comment

Outstanding Find

Hi Jody,

Have been reviewing your U-Boat thread. What a find. As Al says "For the guy who has got everything Kriegsmarine. Nice".

Offers an interesting perspective to TR collecting as well. So often we focus upon awards and weapons when there are other equally interesting items out there as well.

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Very interesting Jody. Glad you got it in the end. John

Comment

Now THAT's sth. else, great catch, Jody!!!
                    Cheers
                    Rainer

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Very cool indeed and the condition is great! Where did you find the toy sub? Toy show?

Best Regards
                      Mike
                      </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
                      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Hi Mike,
                        I bought the U-boat from a military collector who had purchased it in the early 80's from a flea market in Frankfurt. I had always admired it, and when it came up for sale it was offered to me.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Hihi Kapitan Jody,

Congrats on the new addition to the fleet !
                          One question , will your little crew member be allowed to take command ?

Y

Comment

U-boat

Originally posted by sturmann View Post
                            Hihi Kapitan Jody,

Congrats on the new addition to the fleet !
                            One question , will your little crew member be allowed to take command ?

Y
                            Hello,
                            My little one is already in command. I actually gave him all of my KM stuff and he gets offcial control of it when he turns 18. He loves all the stuff and I am taking him to Chicago to see the U-505.

Regards,
                            Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram View Post
                              ...from a flea market in Frankfurt
                              Regards,
                              Jody
                              ...as soon as I am back in Germany, I'll browse them flea markets again.... who knows what I have missed in the meantime

Comment

It must be from the small battle arms units!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X