Hsf Badge, Mm Schwerin Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsf Badge, Mm Schwerin Berlin

Morning all, I have a chance to pick this HSF Badge up, what do you think...
    I appreciate any help. thanks..
    Van
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

closer, looks like a name etched into the back??
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice original zinc badge. John
        Last edited by John R.; 03-04-2007, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks John for the quick response, I do believe I may get this badge, has to be one of the most striking HSF badge I have seen with the most of the silver finish present.
          Van

Comment

Good zinc, seems to retain a good proportion of finish to the wreath, the boat and waves would have originally been dark silver/grey finish though, not the bright silver as it is now in case you were not aware
            Regards, Rob
            Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Yes, as Rob points out the finish is worn which is to be expected with this piece---clearly used on a uniform since it has the name on the reverse. To me, this is a really nice badge with provenance. John

Comment

I cant wait to get this badge,, thanks for the information. I did read this post
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/asso...al_Article.php
                a while back and forgot about the bright silver finish under the darker silver finish.
                I really like the bright silver better, just kinda says "HERE I AM" LOL.. if you know what I mean.. I hope when I get the badge I can make out the name and see if there is any archives out there and find out what ship he was assigned to...
                Anyone have any idea where I could look for such information. Thanks for any help on this.
                Van

Comment

Hi Van,

If the sailor was not an officer and did not serve on u-boats you will probably not be able to track him down. Perhaps the only way would be if he was captured and service history came out in the interegation / pow reports.

If you have any luck let me know

Rob
                  Regards, Rob
                  Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X