Naval Combat Clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Combat Clasp

In the collection I bought is the earliest Naval Combat Clasp I have ever seen. I assume any factory made clasp is post-war, but this is the finest example I have encountered. It is marked St&L Ludenschied, on the reverse. The badge is tombak and the hinge and catch are nickle.

I assume this is one of the immediate post-war pieces, earlier than the 1957 versions. It was suggested to me, at the SOS, that it could be one of the wartime prototypes, but that is a great stretch of the imagination.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob Hritz; 02-28-2007, 12:48 PM.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Verso. I am sorry that I do not have a close-up lens available to me, for the hallmark.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That's a real treat to see, Bob!
      George

Comment

That's a very nice item!

The 'official' wartime design (drawn, but never actually made) incorporated the eagle and swastika and 2 swords with the anchor.............a bit like the U-boat clasp.

Comment

Naval Combat Clasp

Hello Bob,
          I don't believe the clasp is war-time (I agree with you, I think it was one produced immediatley after the war), but it is still great and as you said it is of great construction. If I had one, I would want that one.

Neat piece!

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

I have a simmilar unmarked piece, this was from D LITTLEJOHNS COLLECTION AND OBTAINED 1950.There is a wonderful photo, dated to Jan 1946, showing the badge being worn.I feel that it stretches the argument, that this would have been produced after 27 May 1945 and presented in Jan 1946. The sailor pictured is in Holland.

Comment

Hey Robin,

I'm sorry but a few of these 'original wartime design clasps' have been produced. I've seen one of these clasps around 25 years ago at our collectors meeting. Meanwhile this clasp is in a collection near Stuttgart but a pic from that clasp is in the book from Nimmergut part IV. Unfortunatly I've either pics from that clasp nor the book from Nimmergut itself. I'm sure, that this clasp was an original clasp because there are no fakes around with the original design.

Bob: great clasp with an interesting revers

greetings Walle

Comment

Thanks Walle. I didn't know that. I've never seen one of these.

Comment

Is this any help?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X