No announcement yet.

Reference library for KM war badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial cap tallies--contact Markus to obtain a copy if this is an area in which you are interested. He goes by CSForrester on the forum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 11-07-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Another Imperial tallies book and the next one is on the Krigsmarine and Reichsmarine. Out of print but you can find them on German ebay.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John R.; 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Km
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John R.; 11-07-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Mike Tucker's out of print book. To be clear, I am recommending this book only in the area of concern for this subforum, KM warbadges. IMO, all the KM badges he has included are period.

For badges other than the KM, you would need to go to the appropriate subforum and ask if you had a question about a partcular example. In regards to KM, no problems that I can see.

The problem with so many books, once they are out of print, they are expensive and hard to find.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John R.; 11-07-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            Mike Tucker's out of print book. To be clear, I am recommending this book only in the area of concern for this subforum, KM warbadges. IMO, all the KM badges he has included are period.

For badges other than the KM, you would need to go to the appropriate subforum and ask if you had a question about a partcular example. In regards to KM, no problems that I can see.

The problem with so many books, once they are out of print, they are expensive and hard to find.
            As indicated by John, I think it's worth stating that while all the references mentioned are good - some great - they must be used with care and in conjunction with double, and sometimes triple checkinng by the forum and those regarded as experts. This is because, being human, everyone makes mistakes (including authors) and it is best to err on the side of safety by asking for opinions, even after researching and collecting for many years IMO.
            Cheers, Steve
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Books

Hello,
              I can say this about the Tucker book a good portion of the KM badges in that book are mine so I can vouch for them.

Here is a good book by Christopher Ailsby.

Regards,
              Jody
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John R.; 09-05-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Sascha Webers book in the English version will be out in March 2010 and will be published by B&D Publishing LLC (www.ironcross1939.com).

The German version is sold on Sascha Weber's website:

http://www.militariafachbuch.eu/

Image of this book also attached.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John R.; 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM.
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Gordon Williamson's KM badge book thru Roger Bender publishing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X