Minesweeper Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Badge

This is not a badge I would touch, partly because I believe it to be fake and secondly because its not really my field. But do others agree with me ( on the first point only! ).
    Attached Files

Reverse

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm...why do you think it's fake, Richard? It looks well-worn, but it appears to be the same as this one, which is authentic.
      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Here's another one, I think.
        George

Comment

Reverse.
          George

Comment

Hi Richard,

I agree with Larry and George, from the poor images I don't have a major problem with the badge you've posted pics of.

Larry, I've noticed that chunky flatwire catch on badges by 3 different Ludenscheid manufacturers now (L/53, FLL and, I'm pretty sure, Deumer) - all zincers. I have it on my "unknown maker" zinc LW PO badge and now it pops up on a Minesweeper Badge. I don't know who the manufacturer was, but I'd bet this badge was also made in Ludenscheid as the catch supplier was almost certainly based there (imo).

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike. I agree that it may have been made by one of the better known makers. The reason I got it is because it is very well-made. Nice high quality hinge, pin and catch, as well as the top-hook. Same as George's badge, I think.

I have another one that is exactly the same construction, but with a different silver and gold finish.
              Very nice for unmarked zinkers, IMO!
              Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 04-06-2003, 11:19 PM.
              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Here is mine.
                Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Lorenzo, well its seems I was a little hasty in my judgement. The reason why I wouldn't buy it would be because I simply don't know enough about this area to make an informed opinion, as demonstrated! Coupled with the fact that I don't have too many funds for collecting at the moment. How much do minesweeper badges go for at the moment?

Comment

These are quite desirable and go for about 140.- USD in good condition. The one you show should be no more than 80.- to 90.- if you ask me due to the missing top hook and overall condition.

Cheers, Frank
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X