Value of U-boat combat clasps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of U-boat combat clasps ?

Have a friend that aquirred a U-boat combat clasp from a u-boat crewmember in Germany in the 50's. I have not seen it yet, but he is going to bring it over for inspection. I told him I would attempt to find out the value of it for him, assuming its good.
    Any recent values?
    Tom Nowling

i Saw Some At The Max Show Starting At $850.00 And Going Up To $1500.00 That's For The Bronze. I Only Saw TWO Silver Ones There One Was $1500 The Other Was $1900.

Comment

Value: all I can say is take a look a Winkler and Weitze for two and judge by their prices according to the condition of your friends example perhaps, for a minty bronze 2nd pattern theres one for around 900 plus euro when I last looked on Weitze.

Judging by dealers is not the best method some might say and I'd agree in part with that, but I go by them to a degree to see what the 'going rate' is so to speak.

Bear in mind a couple of dealers out there tend to be a little on the high side shall we say !!

Now if it's a 1st pattern with a hollow reverse and flat pin: for a silver in sterling you'd pay perhaps in the region of 1,500 to even 2,000 (UK pounds of course - condition relevant too) for a bronze 1st pattern in the region of 500 upwards, whether the price would exceed 600 pounds for a minty one, I don't know.

The UK prices are in my own personal experience to this day.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

U-boat clasps

Hello,
        A real bronze could range from $700 to $1500 depending on pattern and condition. A real silver could range $1,200 to $4,000 depending on condition and pattern.

Condition is the key for these things.

Regards,
        Jody

Comment

Thanks!!

Wow..I didn't have any idea! I will try to get some pics soon and post them. Even if the story is true, it can still be fake.
          Thanks everyone.
          Tom Nowling

Comment

There was a nice genuine bronze example on the eStand not that long ago. I think the price was around $1100-1200, and I believe that's the going rate.

Comment

Originally posted by George L View Post
              There was a nice genuine bronze example on the eStand not that long ago. I think the price was around $1100-1200, and I believe that's the going rate.
              I picked that one up and it's a real beauty and I paid just over $US1000 for it delivered.

One of the finest items in my collection.

Regards ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X