schwerin e. boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schwerin e. boat

Any thoughts on schwerin 1st. pat. e. boat badge.
    Attached Files

schwerin backview

Back view of badge
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike smith View Post
      Any thoughts on schwerin 1st. pat. e. boat badge.
      Thoughts....Yes. High quality reproduction. Incorrect hardware & finish (bubbling on the reverse!), sharp scallop to the reverse and some incorrect details. Looks slightly better than some of the efforts of this type. Compare it closely to the two beauties that went on the E-stand recently.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Agreed, a fake- imo the base metal is wrong too.

Compare it to my original:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=eboat

Comment

Form the front it does not look to bad at first glance but the sharp edged scallop on the back says it all
          Regards, Rob
          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

I agree with the others. A fake. best wishes,
            jeff
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

schwerin e. boat badge,

Thanks for the feedback,i feel really sick it was bought by my wife as a retirement gift from a so called genuine dealer. i have cotacted him awaiting answers. 600 pounds down the drain.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mike. Good luck with the dealer and let us know how it turns out. best wishes,
                jeff
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi Mike,

That's really terrible to hear and spoils what should have been a great moment.

Don't let the dealer get away with it - or with some sort of credit deal. Get you money back. I wish you well.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Fake S-boot

Hi Mike,
                    I am sorry to hear about the fake. Here is a link to a web-site that sells that exact same fake for $250. Maybe that will help in getting your money back.

Regards,
                    Jody

Here is the site that sells your fakemoremad

http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopie...ion=kriegaward

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram View Post
                      Hi Mike,
                      I am sorry to hear about the fake. Here is a link to a web-site that sells that exact same fake for $250. Maybe that will help in getting your money back.

Regards,
                      Jody

Here is the site that sells your fakemoremad

http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopie...ion=kriegaward
                      Thanks for the info. Jody,i do not hold much hope of a return on this item. it was bought a while ago.The bad thing is i really trusted this person.
                      regards Mike.

Comment

Salut,

The dealer might have made a genuine mistake , in which case he should give you a refund.
                        If he is a crook dont let him get away with it . Making fake KM awards or knowingly selling them should warrant capital punishment.

yves
                        Last edited by sturmann; 09-21-2006, 07:44 AM.

Comment

The dealer might have made a genuine mistake , in which case he should give you a refund. If he is a crook dont let him get away with it

Mike,

I think a lot depends on who the dealer is an when it was bought. These did fool a few people when they first came out.

Can you say who the dealer is and how long you have had it
                          Regards, Rob
                          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Originally posted by rhudspith View Post
                            The dealer might have made a genuine mistake , in which case he should give you a refund. If he is a crook dont let him get away with it

Mike,

I think a lot depends on who the dealer is an when it was bought. These did fool a few people when they first came out.

Can you say who the dealer is and how long you have had it
                            I will not say who the dealwer is at the moment i have written him a letter,i have bought stuff off him for about 6 years.This is why i trusted him,it was bought about 18 mths ago,i have the receipt,he is from Yorks.He does state that he will return money if any item he sells is fake.I will give him a few days.Thanks for support.

Comment

schwerin e.boat?

I have had a positive result from the dealer with regard to this item.He will fully refund the money paid.He tells me he was as surprised as me to learn it was a fake.I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank everyone for their advice and support. Best regards Mike.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X