need pic of L-13 U BOAT badge please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need pic of L-13 U BOAT badge please

If possible, does anyone have a front and back picture of a L-13 u-boat badge marker by Paul meybauer? i been looking but i can not find one for a very long time. thank you for your time.

L/13

Courtesy of Gordon Williamson. No reverse available. He has a new book coming out any time which will cover all these submarine badges, should be something most of us would want in our reference collections. I think it will be at Amazon.com, not sure, like his other reference works.

It will be printed by Bender Publishing.

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 09-06-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Here is the pictures of L/13 in zink, that I had.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=124903

Comment

Here is a pic of my L/13 Badge
        Jay Parisi
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

with pin open
            Attached Files

Comment

hi all, i want to thank you for your pics. i been back and forth on this badge. I see different hooks. mine is like JAYP but my swastika is solid like described in the wright up on the war badges of the kriegsmarine under u boat. i find it interesting to see this L/13 with a cut out. i will get my u- boat pics on this theard. i am interested in the feed back. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nomad View Post
                hi all, i want to thank you for your pics. i been back and forth on this badge. I see different hooks. mine is like JAYP but my swastika is solid like described in the wright up on the war badges of the kriegsmarine under u boat. i find it interesting to see this L/13 with a cut out. i will get my u- boat pics on this theard. i am interested in the feed back. thank you
                It can be solid or cutout. It can be tombak or zinc. Just post your badge here and lets take a look at it. No reason to be going back and forth, L/13 is pretty clear in its features. John

Comment

here are some pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
                    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4
                        Attached Files

Comment

and last
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an original vaulted, meaning bent by sailor probably, badge.

I was wondering if the maker mark letters are recessed or ridge like. I assume recessed, but want to check.

The finish surprised me, but seems like it is OK, zinc is popping thru at various points.

John

Comment

yes john the L13 is recessed, any advise on the popping?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X