Need help with KM medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with KM medals

Hello, I have just purchased at auction two coastal artillery medals. At least I think that is what they are. I would appreciate any information that can be provided regarding their authenticity. My apologies if the photo does not show enough detail. I could probably use suggestions on an upgrade to my camera. Thank you in advance for any information that can be offered. I am learning a great deal from the collective expertise and wisdom on this site.

Lon
    Attached Files

Hi Lon, welcome to the site! You can post more pictures by using the reply tab on your threads. Each new post you can add one picture. best wishes,
    jeff
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

KM reverse photo

Reverse, thanks for the help!
      Attached Files

Comment

Additional photos

Front
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lon

If your camera is not up to it, do you have a scanner. Scanning will provide very good results.

regards
          Graeme

Comment

Lon,

Check your camera and make sure it is on closeup, not normal. Most cameras, even bad ones, have this feature. There are plenty of options for new cameras starting around 200 and up.

I think you want 6 megapixels and up these days. 7 would be great, Jeff takes great photos, not sure what he uses. If you run a search for "cameras" you will find other advice in this area.

With your camera, like I said, check if there is a distance setting, and set it for close up. Also, since your camera has poor resolution, take the photos outside, not inside, using normal sunlight, not a flash.

Scanners work fine also, but if you do not have one, try the above.

Since you are new to this forum, one of the best features is to post the item first before you buy it.

It sounds like you are not sure of badges yet, it will come in time, so I would recommend that you take advantage of the threads here in the forum, study these threads, check dealer sites to see if you can spot good badges and bad and do the research first before you buy.

There is no rush, learn the easy way first, and try to avoid getting burned. Before the forum it was tough, but take advantage of this great tool and you will avoid the pitfalls most of us experienced years ago.

Meaning, all those nice fakes we have in a shoebox.

John

Comment

Jeff,

What camera do you use?

John

Comment

if this is any help, i just received my camera from new egg.com it was a canon 6.1 for around $200 and i love it. hope it helps, nice site good price and warranty

Comment

KM medal

Thanks all for the excellent advice. I will be getting a better camera to do this right!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X