Unmarked Aux.Cruiser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Aux.Cruiser.

Hi guys,can anyone tell who the maker of this 2 piece zinc badge is?I looked at afew references and did not see anything similar.The hinge and pin looked like that on a F.O. badge and the globe looked like F & B.Any help would be appreciated,thanks,Martin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Westley; 09-05-2006, 01:38 PM.

Reverse 1.
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 2.
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 3.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 4
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Martin have just come out of hospital so I am not up to scratch yet but The award looks ok to me . I believe the maker of this award is unknown. It is not an F&B as the reverse set up is not one associated with them. Out of curiousity does the pin bend easily?. All the best

Comment

Thanks,mrg,the pin does not bend very easily,all the best,Martin.
              Last edited by Martin Westley; 09-08-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hi Martin did not think it would l . As I said before looks like a nice original to me. All the best

Comment

Could this rather sad looking badge be from the same maker?The only difference i can see is the rivet on the reverse,thanks,Martin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.Well maybe not the same maker.I,ve just noticed the indentation below where the hinge was.It appears to be made from a wide,flat pin and not a needle pin.Could this one be F & B?Thanks ,Martin.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Martin Westley; 09-08-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Of course it is an unknown (to us) award, I doubt if we can clearly pin it down, however, they both seem to me to be good original awards. I personally think it could be a F&B for both of them, with different set ups that happened along the way as the war progressed.

I just do not think there were dozens of "unknown" makers of a relatively scarce as far as issue badge.

I think we touched on this in another thread, the AC badge was not common since there were not that many crewmen involved. We are not talking High Seas Fleet badge here.

Therefore, the number of makers should be very very limited and F&B seems as good as any of the others. We know it is not Juncker, not Schwerin, so who else could it be?

John

Comment

Thanks John,it doesn,t look like Souval or Orth either.With the exeption of the hinge and pin the badges do look very similar to a Foerster & Barth badge that Terry posted on Aug.18.Best wishes,Martin.

Comment

Hi Martin would agree both the same award, have encountered a couple of these at local shows.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X