Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat R.k.

Hello,

Some Opinions On The Makers Mark.ive Only Seen The Light Version Maker Mark On These.any Ideas?early War?

Thanks Tom
    Attached Files

Maker Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Any Opinions?looking To Buy This Badge.thanks In Advance

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have 8 known original example on file and own one and they all have the "light" maker mark as you mentioned. Also the ring around the RK letters is much wider (the line).
        I don`t know what to make of this badge, but it could be ok. Can we see the hinge?
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

I would be suspicious. RKs are seldom seen with such a finish. That and the very sharp maker mark would have me looking carefully at this badge.
          Like Frank I would like to see the hinge.

Skip
          LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Hinge Pic-only One I Have Of It.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not getting a good gut feeling about this badge. It gives me every indication of being hand cast from off an original badge, with the addition of an enhanced maker mark. I'm thinking that some measurement comparisons against a known original would confirm my suspicions about this badge. The space between the u-boat keel and the wreath looks too large. The conning tower and the deck gun both look too tall. I'm noticing too many small details that don't look quite right. On the other hand, it may be worth taking a chance on provided you have return privileges. To be sure, a close, in-hand inspection would be necessary.
              Best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X