MAYER-My search is Over- Unless !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAYER-My search is Over- Unless !!

Hi guys at a local Show I came across this little beauty, tucked away in one of those cheap black hardboard cases, with awards that i did not reconsise the only KM or German award he had and at less than half the price. Well I know what i think but what about you guys. All opinions welcome
    Attached Files

Still no good at posting pics , so hopefully a better shot of the front.
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse and with MM made my day
      Attached Files

Comment

A closer shot of the MM. Well I smiled all the way home.
        Attached Files

Comment

A view of the Eagle. Sorry for the pics , dont do this award justice. All opinions welcome
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful! It looks like the mm was stamped so hard it deformed the pin. I would love to see some better closeups of the makermark. best wishes,
            jeff
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Congrats on not only finding such a badge, but in also getting such a deal!!

Comment

Very nice find. I´ve been looking for a marked one for ages.

Heres the back of my L/18 destroyer with marked pin.

Skip
                Attached Files
                LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Hi Guys thanks for the comments . Im am more than happy with this one and the price i paid made it all the better. The finish is spot on.

Hi Skip have compared the mm with the one you show, not exact but closer than it actually looks on the pics. There is only part of the eight as it was stamped to near the edge but it appears the same.

Hi Jeff that was the best pic the scanner could get (or should i say me ) All other pics were either too big to download or not clear enough. All the best

Comment

I only have found the earlier type of zinc L/18, with cut out swastika. Congratulations on you find, I have not had any luck finding one for my collection.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

mrg

...................................... AND THE FINISH (on the badge)!!!!

Regards,
                      Mark
                      "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys , could n't believe my luck still have n't stopped smiling . All the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X