Uboat and mine sweeper badges - opininions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uboat and mine sweeper badges - opininions please

Hello, I have come across a large collection of badges and would appreciate some opinions on whether or not they are real or repro? Also, opinions on value if you think they are real or value if not real for reenactor market? Thanks in advance for your help .

Minesweeper is an authentic RK (Rudolf Karneth)

UBoot is unfortunatly, IMO, a reproduction. Mark is unknown, catch is way out there.

Skip
    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Thanks for the info Skip. Does the Repro Uboat have value for reenactors? What would be a fair price for it as a reproduction? Also, do you have a ballpark for the minesweeper? I don't collect in this area and don't plan to keep these. Thanks again.

Cris
      Last edited by CrisH; 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Cris,

I don******180;t know if there even are Kriegsmarine reenactors.
        I******180;m not to keen on selling such badges as its quiet convincing to the untrained eye. Good chance of it coming back into circulation but sold as original.

Might be OK for a trustworthy uniform collector to use as dispaly.
        As a repro it has a value of around 20/30 euro I would think.

Skip

Comment

What happened to the eagles left wing (right side when viewed from front)? It looks like part of it is missing. Is this common for an RK MS badge?
          Richard V

Comment

Corrosion.
            Badge is textbook.

Skip

Comment

badges

Skip is correct,

The sub badge is a reproduction, do a search Cris on this forum for sub badges and you will not find one like this. It will also add to your knowledge in just a few hours that this badge would never get by you.

Welcome to the forum, please take advantage of the historical threads for comparison.

Same with the Minesweeper badge, do a thread search with this maker mark and you will find your answer.

John

Comment

Also, since you said there is a large collection, and if these badges are from it, there is the probability of other good badges there. Try to take photos, do some research and post them here if you wish. But if there is one good badge, there might be some others worthy of consideration. All or most collections have reproductions unfortunately, part of the hobby. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X