L/56 SUb Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/56 SUb Badge

Here is what appears to be a late war zinker in great condition but with no gold wash at all. It has what I would expect to see on this badge - the sad bird and the die flaw among other things. Real or no deal?

Thanks
    Richard
    Attached Files

Rev
    Attached Files

Comment

Mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
        Attached Files

Comment

Al

Comment

This is a very nice badge. I would be happy to have it in my collection. NICE!

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Wow... what a perfect example of an F&B! Sweet badge!

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback. It is nice condition but I was thinking the lack of finish might be a serious drawback, maybe not so bad after all.

Comment

Hi Richard. Cant see any visible signs that this one had a finish applied, which would not be unusual . Very nice. All the best

Comment

You are right. There are no visible signs of a finish other than the pin assembly. Were these badges issued without a finish? I had not heard or read of that before.

Comment

Hi Richard have come across a few U-Boat awards in my time with no evidence of a finish ever being applied, one such being an F.O. The pin and gold coloured catch is standard for this award, so that is nothing out of the ordinary. Personally i tend to believe one of two ideas. Firstly maybe as a cost cutting exercise ( shortage of matrials, and time for that matter, especially near the end) maybe caused some awards to be sent out without a finish, we all know a poorer finish was definately the case for most awards. Secondly maybe it was an award that never had the chance to leave the factory. All the best.

Comment

-

IMO it´s OK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X