http://www.allegro.pl/item109518887_artyleria.html

what do You think guys ??

best regards
    Piotr

I agree it's a Fake!
    Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hello Piotr,
      Yes, this badge is a known fake that has been around for about twelve years or more. There seemed to be a flood of these in 1994, shortly after one was pictured in Forman's second edition. Pins on these bend like butter.
      Best regards! Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I really need to learn a lot. I do not know how you can tell that the badge is a fake!!!! Please, if you can tell me I will apreciate it in order to learn (maybe by PM in that way the fakers do not get the solution).

Lorenzo, nice picture of Guy Williams as Zorro (the real zorro for me, and my hero still).

regards

Edgar

Comment

Hi Edgar. For this particular badge it is difficult to tell only from looking at a scan. However, by comparing the hinge, pin and catch construction, and the maker mark to known good SHuCo badges, you can see that it doesn't match. The reason I know that this SHuCo Coastal Arty is fake is because I bought one several years ago. In hand, you can then examine the badge and see that it is made from a white metal that is used on many fakes. Also upon close examination, you can see that the finish is not period authentic. Adding all these factors together, the badge says "FAKE".

As with many other well-made fakes, the "in-hand" examination is the best way to tell for sure. Then on this Forum we pass along this information so new buyers don't make the same mistake.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Edgar Estrada
          I really need to learn a lot. I do not know how you can tell that the badge is a fake!!!! Please, if you can tell me I will apreciate it in order to learn (maybe by PM in that way the fakers do not get the solution).

Lorenzo, nice picture of Guy Williams as Zorro (the real zorro for me, and my hero still).

regards

Edgar
          Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

-

Comment

Thank you Lorenzo.

Edgar

Originally posted by Lorenzo Brown
              Hi Edgar. For this particular badge it is difficult to tell only from looking at a scan. However, by comparing the hinge, pin and catch construction, and the maker mark to known good SHuCo badges, you can see that it doesn't match. The reason I know that this SHuCo Coastal Arty is fake is because I bought one several years ago. In hand, you can then examine the badge and see that it is made from a white metal that is used on many fakes. Also upon close examination, you can see that the finish is not period authentic. Adding all these factors together, the badge says "FAKE".

As with many other well-made fakes, the "in-hand" examination is the best way to tell for sure. Then on this Forum we pass along this information so new buyers don't make the same mistake.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X