Kriegsmarine Badge Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Badge Prices

I have noticed that there seems to be a wide range of prices for the same type of KM Awards. Most KM awards are on the pricey side although they are some of the nicer TR Awards out there. I see some Minesweeper badges for just a little over $100 while some are twice this. Same with The Auxillary Cruiser Badge, although these rarely go under $300, some are much more. Same with the Coastal Artillery Badge. These are prices from reputable dealers. What makes the prices so different. Obviously condition but is it also the maker? The material used? Just what is it. Thanks Steve.

As with other TR awards, prices of Kriegsmarine awards can vary depending upon the following:

1) Material: Earlier tombak awards are usually more expensive than the later zinc awards:

2) Condition: Minty pieces are generally more expensive than worn pieces.

3) Rarity: "Hard-to-find", low issue pieces (including makers) are generally more expensive than common pieces.

4) Eye-appeal and Popularity: Some pieces just seem to command a higher price because of design attractiveness or maker popularity.

All of these factors combined can cause large variations in prices.
    Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

As Lorenzo explained correctly you can find different prices for the same badge depending of:
      1. Material: zinc versus tombak
      2. With or without maker mark.
      3. Condition (for example: % of gilding kept, corrosion, pin missing)
      On the other hand there is one more point: Buyer´s and seller´s will and hurry to get the bussines.
      Regards from Spain
      Gori

Comment

One other variable that fits between material and condition is 'fire gilting'. I'm not sure if this is what Gregorio is referring to. This unique sparkling gilting process is only seen on several early KM badges. The ones that pop to mind are the marked Schwerin UBoat and Aux Cruiser badges. Other KM badges occasionally surface (pun intended) with this finish, but is most commonly found on the above styled versions. Of course, varying degrees of this process will be found remaining on the Tombak badges. More fire gilting means higher valued badge.

Regards,
        Mark
        Last edited by mmiller; 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM.
        "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X