fleamarket sweeper fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleamarket sweeper fake

Picked this beauty up yesterday for five bucks. I have never seen one colored this way before and could not resist it! Anyone know who produced this fake?
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Asmann?
      Attached Files

Comment

ThankU
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ethreecee, there have been a few fakes with the reverse set up like these appearing lately, came across a couple at a local show although both were U-Boat awards and quite convincing. Does the one you show bend easy? looks like it may have a high copper content or maybe its just been through the acid to achieve that look?

Comment

Actually it is quite strongly built and slightly vaulted

Comment

Fake? That's just an awesome patina!

Comment

Assman

Not a bad try at a fake though. Besides the bronze color, the biggest problem I think is the hook? The Assman mark looks OK to me although it does not match the one in Sacha Weber's book.

Anybody have real Minewsweeper Assman badges for comparison while we are on this topic?

John

Comment

Fake gallery

Maybe you can contact Lorenzo and get this one in a Minesweeper gallery, we do not have one yet. John

Comment

It was worth the $5 for the badge and your hearty opinions and advice. I shall keep it in my collection of interesting "fakes."
                    I might even pin it on von Spenser's tunic, next to his diamond P/O
                    Attached Files

Comment

-

Ouch!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X