First pattern E- Boat badge ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pattern E- Boat badge ??

Hi Guys, this badge looks to be made of zinc? I can't find one like it any were. It looks good but I'm not sure,Most likely a fake. I searched on this and other sites but can't find one with the same catch, I have found the pin setup on some badges that were zinc. Any one have an opinion or photos of one. Thanks In advance!!
    David R.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David R.; 05-21-2006, 09:02 AM.

the back
    Attached Files

Comment

First pattern E- Boot badge

Hi David,

I personally don´t know a maker who produced this kind of pin-system (hook and hinge) for that badge.

I saw them minty in the last weeks in different online-auctions, so I´m sure that this one is a new copy to the market. I don´t like it and would´nt buy that badge. I neither believe that it´s made of zinc.

Kind Collector´s Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

E-boat

Stick to the known and accepted badge of this type, the Schwerin Berlin. It does not matter if this is real or not, personally, I doubt it, but there are some different versions of this floating around that may or may not be OK, but that said, why not get a SB version?

There are plenty of them now on various dealer websites in Germany. If you do not like what you find, wait, they show up with some frequency in condition from boxed mint to worn. Looking at around 2000 US.

John
        Last edited by John R.; 05-21-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

-

Agree! Stick to the well-known, textbook pieces!

Comment

i think huesken has one of these for sale , zinc but with maker mark

Comment

Stick to the known and accepted badge of this type, the Schwerin Berlin.
              This advice does not encompass the accepted Steinhauer & L******252;ck (zinc, small "o" mark) and L/21 (zinc) examples.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

E-boat

I agree that the S/L and L/21 are accepted versions of this badge. If a thread search is run, the differences are quite evident between those two and the one posted at the start of the thread.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X