Coastal Arty Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Arty Badge

So, I bought a shield from this dealer, put it on here and it got torn up. Fortunately the dealer said he'd exchange it, so I'm eyeing this KM Coastal Arty badge. L/56 marked. Sorry, this is all I've got for photos, but what do you guys think? Also, what would be a fair price for it too? Thanks
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

That pin looks more like a 57er to me. Does this guy like you?
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Ca

I checked the website you posted on the collector's forum. This badge is from there of course. Did you notice the CA badge that is posted on the website is not the same badge when you click on that image? Look at the pin from one image to the other. In the first image, it is a wide pin sticking out below the badge, on the second image it is a thin pin not sticking out.

So, I have a problem with that.

Next, you need much better images of the CA badge and you need to find out which badge is really for sale.

For the badge you posted here, neither the pin nor the hook is classic for this badge. That said, you need to get from this dealer:

1. Which badge is he selling

2. Decent images of the badge from the obverse and reverse where the L/56 can be looked at.

This does not mean that this badge is bad, it might be good. Hinges, pins and hooks were swapped around so just blanket "it is a fake" might not apply here. It would help greatly to get the above questions answered.

Now, because I say it is not classic is not the final say, you are the final say. I can't prove to you that this is bad or good. I can only say it is not classic. Run a search on L/56 and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Wow, good eye. I appreciate your help. I'll find out that info and pm you if that's ok.

The guy is pretty cool. Just a lot of fakes on his site. It's been over the inspection period for a refund, so I'm just trying to get something original, and if I don't like it resell it. You guys see anything else ok on that site? Other than the Cruiser Aux. badge, I haven't seen much.

Comment

I've also just noticed he's taking stuff off ebay and reselling it, which may not be a bad thing, but we know how ebay goes...

Comment

Got an email back from the guy. The one for sale is not the one with the long pin, it's the one inside the link. Which is a good think. I'm still waiting for better pics...

Comment

-

Doesn´t seems promissing. The needle postwar for sure.

Comment

The shorter needle is postwar?

Comment

-

I can only see one needle.

Comment

Are you talking about the photo below, or the one on the guys' website?

Comment

If the badge he is offering is the one in the shots you posted then do not accept it. The pin is not wartime it is 57 style but also seen on a lot of out and out fake badges. Possibly an original badge with replaced pin but I very much doubt it.

Comment

Right on, thanks guys. This forum is a life-saver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X