No announcement yet.

RS&S Fleet Badges Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get him started, Frank..For a people who call Jam, Jelly..what do you expect ! I've often wondered what the Americans call jelly....
    Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

K-Y, What else!!

Now THAT'S Jelly
      whoop, whoop, whoop
      Calling all moderators, this thread is rapidly degenerating into randiness, best move to the private forum before the thought police point to this as one more example about why collecting WW2 German Militaria should be banned!!
      Oye, so who knew??

Comment

PS: Re the sexual nature of vaseline...

... I mean really Frank, Vaseline, can't you come up with something more creative and fun?? How about chocolate syrup?? Real, Maple Syrup, Jello (no fruit)........ I mean if we're going to utilize a hard to wash-off product in a recreational manner, at least make it edible...

(PS: My most profound apologies to the righteous, proper-thinking folks who peruse the forum looking for good, honest to goodness knowledge regarding militaria of WW2 Germany. Due to circumstances beyond my control, probably induced by 4 days of super sub-zero temperatures, it would appear stogieman has popped his cork. We regret any inconvenience caused by this sudden burst of naughtiness and promise in the future to try and contain ourselves in a proper fashion, at all times)

(This in-service announcement was brought to you by Park-N-Poke Motel, Palmer, Massachusetts. Long-time, short-time rates available, Clean sheets at additional fee, group discounts!)

Comment

Told you Frank!! It's all your fault!! The Big Stoge, Has flipped...
          Naaaw, That's our Rick.. ......Rick, Received the 50yr, Safe & sound...Cheers Bud.. ...Jello, Indeed...Jelly, Man, Jelly...
          Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Btw, on a more serious note, I checked the label of my vaseline pot. No mention of any "petroleum" contents. Pot label says "especially good for baby skin care".

Now, I am not so familiar with typical US products, but I can hardly imagine we are talking the same "jelly" here, are we? Petroleum on a baby skin? I don´t know.

So I stick with what I said, treat zinc pest with VASELINE if you live in Europe (and keep your badge healthy and smooth).

You may use "petroleum jelly" on your own risk if you are a US resident. But don´t come to me running when your badge yells "It hurts!" instead of "Oooh baby, that feels so good"!

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Re: RE: Condition

Originally posted by stogieman
              .... There didn't appear to be any scarring from it, so a little vinegar will kill it off. I think you used petroleum jelly for this?...
              Rick,
              don't know if you're kidding or not about the vinegar but it's always been my impression that exposing zinc to an acidic enviroment would hasten the corrosive process.

I've had good results using WD-40 applied with a Q-tip.

Comment

A Message from the Intervention Team

Dear Forum Members, we regret to inform you stogieman, aka The Big Stogie, aka Stogie-Rick aka Rick V., has been sequestered in a facility designed to help him deal with his, ahhhh affliction. We regret any interuption in his posting and we especially regret the "naughty bits" posted by him yesterday evening.
                We promise that a serious re-evaluation of his medication will be performed and when we return him to you, he will be his old, properly-medicated, sane stogieman.
                Again, we regret any inconvenience caused by his postings, or any injuries incurred from misappropriated products used in a manner inconsistent with their labeling.
                Sincerely,
                Your Crisis Intervention Team

Comment

Hi Guys. This is what I've been using to remove zinkpest...and it works!!! Also, here is a link that gives a lot of other uses.
                  This is GREAT stuff: it will clean your car batteries AND your baby's butt!
                  http://www.chefnoah.com/tips/petroleum_jelly.htm
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-23-2003, 03:10 PM.
                  Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

.......hehehe and I thought Frank was just joking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X