Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Seas Fleet War Badge

Hello,

This is my first post here. Please bare with me if I don't get it right the first time.

I have come across a High Seas Fleet Badge that appears to have been entirely gilted. There is some wear on the high points that show the underlying grayish metal. I am questioning the authenticity since all my references state that only the wreath & eagle were gilt.

The badge is nicely convex with a needle type pin & 'C' catch and with the maker's mark of R.S.&S.

Is there a possibility that this badge is authentic? I would appreciate your input.

Sorry, I do not have scans of this badge at this time.

Thanks,
    Archie

Hi !
    If you use the search button and search for RS&S you will find a great work and research done by Lorenzo Brown about RS&S High Seas Fleet Bagde .
    This was for a couple of mounth ago , Lorenzo also posted pics of 4 varianat and combinations of hinge and catches/ crimped in tecniques for catches on RS&S HSF .

Jan Arne

PS ! I found the link !
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=RS%26S+HSF
    Last edited by Jan Arne S; 01-21-2003, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks, the obverse of my badge has all the special features Lorenzo pointed out (eagle's chest, claws, 3rd gun) except the die flaw on the reverse is not there. The pin on this badge is different then the ones shown in Lorenzo's photos.

I'm also concerned with the fact that the ship appears to have been gilted as well as the wreath. Anyone know of any variations on this?

Comment

Sorry to be so blunt, but I am positive that if you could post a picture we would tell you straight away that it is a fake. What you say doesn´t sound good.

If the pin is similar to a Schwerin type pin, there is a known RS&S fake that has this pin. Is it?

Cheers, Frank
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank....The pin is similar to Schwerin yet looks like a lesser quality design. Sorry, I don't a scan at this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X