Schwerin Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin Badges

I am beginning the process of collecting the early KM badges and have spent much time on this site over the last few weeks. I would like guys to post pics of originals and what specifically I should look for. In particular what the fakes look like. Also what are typical prices for these badges in excellant to mint condition?

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Hello Hi-rever

Hello and welcome to the game.
    I am by no means an expert on the subject but......You have come to the right place to learn. My advice to you would be to go into the search section on the upper right of the screen. and input the type of badge that you are looking for. Then it will take you some time to figure out who realy knows what they are talking about and who like you and I are students. when you find your trusted few look at there pics of good badges save and print then make a referance book badge by badge maker by maker. It is not easy but well worth the time.

Thank you
    And good luck
    Jerry
    P.S as for the prices that is a loaded question. It is best for you to check out a few REPUTABLE on line dealers and compare prices Like Detlev Neiman, Kai winkler and Peter Von Lukacs to name a couple. Right now the Euro is killing the dollar so prices from these dealers are up. But if you think they are high now wait till we go to war with Iraq
    Last edited by soldat45; 01-02-2003, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Hi Eric. Schwerin was a very prolific badge maker of Kriegsmarinne badges and to post all of the pictures of badges they made would be a very lengthy process. Also, these badges have been discussed at length on the Forum over the years.

I recommend going to the "Search" function and entering "Schwerin". The results of the search will yield a plethora of threads on the Schwerin badges, including pictures and discussions of fakes, that should help you get started. Prices vary depending on sellers.
      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hi Eric

Berlin Schwerin KM badges seem the most common. Due to the sheer numbers of them that continue to appear at swap meets, often in super condition, I've a suspicion that a lot might have been produced postwar, possibly some of those generally considered "good" and possibly by Schwerin themselves.

Let me make it clear, I don't have any proof at all, just a suspicion based on the frequency they are seen, relative to "common" Wehrmacht badges. So definately continue to gather a lot of information and, as Jerry wisely said, make some knowledgable friends.

I prefer badges of the lesser-seen makers. ' F.O.' for example. Unfortunately they are harder to come by in excellent condition than a Schwerin badge. Hell of a hobby!

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X