Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uboat watch

hi all
    i know nothing about u-boat pocket watches so i dont know if its real or what
    but some one here might like it (if its real)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/German-U-Boat...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi, thanks for the heads up, but these "U Boat" watches are fantasy items and are all over E Bay. I believe they come from Eastern Europe?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Description

Read the description carefully. This is classic EBAY "talkaround". He tells you lots of history but nothing about the item for sale !

Comment

Hi I agree with adrian I looked at one two weeks ago
        which was the same but marked U25 East europe
        fantasy .

regards
        David

Comment

yea figures,should have picked it ,the only thing i have ever seen or heard of on this subject was a documentary about u boat crews,they were being given gold pocket watches but as i recall the were watches that had been taken from people in the camps and did not look anything like this ebay item
          thanks everyone for the good info

Comment

uboat watch

Hi, Is it the opinion of the foreum that uboat issued watches do not exist ? I have a pocket watch in a presentation case with U 133 on it. I'm not saying that it's 100 % good. It looks pretty good to me. It it for sure that they don't exist ? Thanks for your time. Battallion

Comment

Battallion, sorry but probably you have an old watch in a not original case. This cases are a fantasy and not exist originaly from the time, but of course you have original KM pocket watches that could be used by u-boots like by all other kriegsmarine units.
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by battallion
                Hi, Is it the opinion of the foreum that uboat issued watches do not exist ? I have a pocket watch in a presentation case with U 133 on it. I'm not saying that it's 100 % good. It looks pretty good to me. It it for sure that they don't exist ? Thanks for your time. Battallion
                Battallion,

Why don't you post some photos for the forum to review?

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

E bay beware, if you are not sure run, run fast

Comment

hiya,
                    i do not think there was a specific watch given to u-boat captains and officers. KM issued swiss and german service watches were worn by many different members and branches of the Kriegsmarine.here are 3 from my collection, Selza and Zentra both swiss and a Wiemer from the black forrest.
                    cheers bill.

[

Comment

-

Very nice watches, Bill!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X