No announcement yet.

S Boot abzeichen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have placed the badge in the fakes gallery for future reference > http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=102006
    It has been an interesting exercise, and a new fake not yet documented in this forum has been identified. Thanks to all of you who participated .

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo Brown
      Hi Henry. The pin looks OK from what I see. Here are some fine points I was referring to. Your badge is upper left, the others are known originals:

1) Note the shape of the cabin and specifically the shape of the two rear doors. Yours seem taller;

2) Notice how the gunwhale(?) intersects the front of the first window on the original badges, however on yours it extends out to the middle of the second window;

3) Notice the shape of the flag and the angle. Yours is distinctly different from the othersin terms of shape, detailing and angle.

I know these are small points, but I see differences in yours when compared to the others.
      Just for your information and to get the terminology correct, those are rubbing strakes and function to protect the sides of the boat when it is alongside. The gunwale (gunnel) is the upper edge of a boat at the deck or rail level of a boat and is so called because guns were once mounted on it. Obviously not recently.

John

Last edited by John R.; 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X