Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery Badge -- Good or Bad

Hi all,

What do you think of this coastal artillery badge? Thanks all!
    janvs

Hi,

The badge appears to be a genuine Juncker Coastal Artillery Badge from the HUGE images (huge images can actually make it hard to tell sometimes!!). The badge, I'd say, is zinc. The hinge and catch MAY have been repaired - I'd want to examine it to be sure on this point though. Looks like the tip of the gun barrel appears to have been busted off - I have a needle pin zinc Juncker Coastal Artillery with a busted barrel so I always check this feature!

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

My Junkers CAB

I have a similar Coastal Artillery Badge by Junkers with approx. 80% to 90% off the finish worn off.

My hinge and pin is similar to the one posted by Jans, but I have a slightly different catch.

Obverse with reverse to follow,

Al
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

ANOTHER JUNKER

Here is another C. E. Junker. Note that the solder has spread from the catch into the markings.
          Attached Files

Comment

OBVERSE

Here is the obverse of the C. e. Junker. The owner had the swastika removed by a jeweler, but had the original presentatioin document and a Schwerin badge that was unaltered. I like the Junker for detail despite the alteration.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yet another one

Here's another Juncker Coastal Artillery Badge. This one is vaulted.

George
              George

Comment

CONVEX FLAW LINES

I just noticed that the badge of mine has the same flaw lines at the reverse bottom rim of the badge as the one George posted. Also, looking at approximately 9:00 O'clock there is a similar flaw on the reverse. It could be that the flaws and line came from pressure or bending of these badges as mine is slightly convex also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X