• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original E-boat cloth version?

Backside:
    Attached Files

Hello guys!

What do you think about this one? Original or fake? If it is a fake it sure is detailed and well done... I have never seen this version before.

Hope for some opinions on the badge

Best regards
    Marius
    Attached Files
    Last edited by militaria.no; 09-11-2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hello again!

What would you guess? Perhaps some kind of a private purchase? I have a good feeling (it is very detailed) but would appreciate any comments or perhaps pictures of this kind of badge being worn

Best regards
      Marius

Comment

Hello Marius,

I don't know if this will help but I looked it up in Detlev Niemann's new book & the 2nd model version in cloth was not manufactured but the 1st model version was.

Bruce

Comment

Hi Marius,

Cloth badges are often a gut feeling thing and how they compare to known original or fakes. My very personal opinion: not one I would buy.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

personaly a very interesting piece. i cannot mention the make up etc as not seen one before, i do like it however and feel a more in depth discussion from others on their opinions please

Comment

Hello guys!

Thank you for your opinions, I appreciate it Soon I will post some close-up pictures of the badge

Best regards
              Marius

Comment

Hello again!

Here you can see a close up scan of the badge. Hmmmm it looks very original-wwII-kind-of-production to me

Best regards
                Marius
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marius,

There are three things which disturb me a bit:

-The aging: The wired metal threads exhibit the same verdigris, not matter if it is aluminium or gilt wire. A bit strange, the alu thread should bloom snow white when deterorating, not green. Maybe uniform guys can help here.

-the style in which the seperator threads (black) are applied looks to me like on the badges made in Pakistan.

-I would expect a "weathered" badge like this to show more wear. I can see patina, but no wear at all. In natural wear, threads like the black ones across the length of the boat would not last a week.

Excuse my over critical comments, but that is how I would look at this badge if I would consider it for my collection. As I said earlier in this thread, some things with cloth badges are hard to prove, especially with those rare ones. There is not much to compare it with. So what I tell you is just my feelings about it, gained through experience with OTHER cloth badges.
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Heukemes
                    Hi Marius,

There are three things which disturb me a bit:

-The aging: The wired metal threads exhibit the same verdigris, not matter if it is aluminium or gilt wire. A bit strange, the alu thread should bloom snow white when deterorating, not green. Maybe uniform guys can help here.

-the style in which the seperator threads (black) are applied looks to me like on the badges made in Pakistan.

-I would expect a "weathered" badge like this to show more wear. I can see patina, but no wear at all. In natural wear, threads like the black ones across the length of the boat would not last a week.

Excuse my over critical comments, but that is how I would look at this badge if I would consider it for my collection. As I said earlier in this thread, some things with cloth badges are hard to prove, especially with those rare ones. There is not much to compare it with. So what I tell you is just my feelings about it, gained through experience with OTHER cloth badges.

Hi,

Franks is right, it sure doesn't look like it should be.
                    It shows no original wear, but is made to look that way.
                    This type of badge showed up on the European market about 15 years ago, from mint to "used", the ones I have seen are for the Minensuch- Zerstörer and Schnellbootabzeichen.
                    The black threads are just for show to give the badge an detailed look, but would be gone soon wearing such a badge on a uniform.

yours
                    Eric-Jan Bakker

Comment

Hello Frank and Eric-Jan!

Thank you for your help regarding this badge. I guess, as always with this hobby, when an item "glows" it doesn`t mean that it is gold I will remove the swastika and wear it on my white summersuit

Best regards
                      Marius

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X