Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum upgrade and loss of threads

Hi Guys,

If you're reading this, then I guess you've successfully navigated the migration and software upgrade from the old WAF server (R.I.P.) to the new one.

You've probably also noticed that the last 3 1/2 weeks of posts, new threads and PMs were lost in the upgrade. That's because the site was copied over to the new server around June 2 and was undergoing software upgrades and testing while we were carrying on in the old server --- until the old server suddenly and irrevocably died (after years of resuscitative efforts), necessitating an urgent switch over to this new one with 3 weeks of amnesia.

So if you posted anything especially profound during that time warp, feel free to repost. We should be stable from now on.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

I was a bit disappointed to see the Tallies/Mützenband thread that was pinned with so much wonderful contributions and history that it is gone. ????

The new server seems to be up though and much of what remained still is intact.

Best Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

Hi Justin,

It’s still there pinned in the Kriegsmarine Uniforms and Equipment forum where it’s always been:
      https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ne-cap-tallies

None of the old threads should be affected, only the posts in the last 3 1/2 weeks should be gone.

Best regards,
      —-Norm

Comment

Is the upgrade 100% already completed or still undergoing?

Comment

As far as I know, it’s just the content importing that’s done (and since the old server has died anyway there’s nothing else to do about that). The rest is cosmetics, customizations and bug fixes which will be a continuous ongoing process, no longer with the looming prospect of a catastrophic server failure.

Anyway, our little “KM Korner” seems secure enough.

Best regards,
          —-Norm

Comment

Hi Norm.

I was using the access count to track how many times my book "Skizzenbuch: U-Boat Type VII C Project" was downloaded. My last recorded count was 1,437 user access and now it's back to 1327 (looks like we lost about 110 in the count). However, it looks like the number of items on the first screen has been reduced. I feel sort of bad about bumping the free book back to the front screen. Also, I plan on releasing a 30 page "Addendum Booklet" with new or updated items some time near the end of the year (Free as well). My future projects will cover the Type IX, XXI, and II with the same structure and detail...

Kind regards,
            Don_

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X