Opinions Please? E-Boat Badge Type 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Please? E-Boat Badge Type 1

How about this one?? Just received these photos.

Reverse of the badge

Here's the back side.

Comment

I think....

My initial reaction to the photos was that the badge looked pretty good. But, in studying these, some of the obverse details were a bit crude. I am also unfamiliar with this Schwerin Mark??

Comment

I think the mark looks okay.
        Does it have the "Lorenzo line"?

George
        George

Comment

Hello Rick,

I think the scans of the piece are not true to the piece, therefore the detailing is not coming through that well. I say this because I have the same problem, but I'm getting better. The piece does look to be in exceptional condition, maybe to good? Just my thoughts.

Cordially,
          JD
          What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

The scans are very poor, so it is hard to tell for sure. My gut says that the badge is good. I would try to get better, clearer scans and a 100% return guarantee before I buy it....But I think it is good.

It pisses me off when somebody expects you to pay good money for a rare badge with such crappy scans!!

Whatsamatter with these people??? moremad
            Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

PS...I did a little study of these 1st pattern E-Boat badges and I found that ALL the badges I studied had a faint diagonal line below the maker mark. Members who contributed to the thread also had the faint line below the mark on their badges.

However...this is NOT conclusive. It IS possible that authentic badges exist WITHOUT the line....but we haven't seen one yet!!

The scans you show are too poor to tell if the line is there.
              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Thanks Guys

I have requested additional scans/details. Thanks Guys!

Comment

Thumbs up

Could do with better scans but looks good to me, I have not seen a copy this good as yet. Attached a reverse photo of a very similar badge. Note the slight indentation mark/line above the hinge on the back.

Not sure what the silver marks are on the wreath on the front but would suspect that they are errors on the original finishing process. A very high proportion of Schwerin badges I have seen that are mint condition have some sort of finishing flaw, which I suppose is why they are mint (Not up to issue quality?)

Regards
                  Rob.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rhudspith; 11-24-2002, 10:02 AM.
                  Regards, Rob
                  Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Besides the mark over the hinge, the "Lorenzo line" is clearly evident on Rob's example.

George
                    George

Comment

The Line is there

I can see the line on the scan he sent me that I posted. Maybe because I have a big screen, I don't know, but this line is there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X