U-Boat Badges etc - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat Badges etc - help needed

Now that the EK book has finally seen the light of day, I am working my way towards completing the next couple of projects. First will be my U-Boat project but after that I am putting together one on the KVK. and have posted details of that in the Crosses forum.
    The book will be somewhat similar to the Benders recent book on US Submarine insignia, but more extensive as it will go into uniforms and insignia as well.

I have been fortunate in obtaining hundreds of suberb wartime photos from my friend Horst Bredow at the U-Boot Archiv and pretty much have what I need in that respect but interesting new photos are always welcome.

What I need to do now is start pulling together good quality images of as many original U-Boat Badges as posisble (Except for Schwerins as I have loads of SChwerin U-Boat Badge and U-Boat Clasp photos already) showing the different pin/hinge types, cases, packets, award docs and of course updating my listings of the known maker marks etc. I already have photos of most but to be honest many of the images are not really good enought to go into print, so I am looking to upgrade on many, plus show a selection of each maker in different conditions etc.

I also need photos of other collectivles such as tunics, headgear, cap ribbons etc- again I already have many but its nice to be able to offer a selection. I have been fortunate in getting some fabulous photos from the incredible collection of Michel Legrande - just look at the photos posted on his behalf in the Collections forum and you'll quickly see that Michel has one of the best KM collections anywhere.

If anyone has any nice clear images of any of the above they'd be interested in seeing in the book, please e.mail me.
    I have mail filters to sort out incoming mail for various projects so anyone contacting me on this please send to

UBoat@gordon-williamson.co.uk

When the project is complete and before sending to the publisher I'll be happy to have it available for review by Forum members and be happy to amend any errors discovered and take on board and discuss any contentious issues.

Many thanks

Gordon

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X