Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blockadebrecherabzeichen 2 schwerin to compare

Hi all,

I have the feeling this badge is getting hard to find. I saw those 2 from the same dealer and I am heasiting between both.

The first one seems to have suffered but gives me the feeling to be more "authentic"

The second one in better condition but seems to have been heavily cleaned and I fear all the finish is gone. hard to say with the pictures.

I have no experience with those ones, may I have your opinions?

thank you,

Pierre
    Attached Files

Hi Pierre,

Both appear original and unrepaired. The 1st example is a zinc badge with nice finish. The 2nd badge is a better quality tombak badge but in worn condition (possibly cleaned though). The tombak example would have been produced earlier. Tombak badges tend to be more desirable and therefore more expensive. In this case, the zinc badge with the nicer finish may be more desirable (there is some zincpest near the hinge though, which detracts).

Difficult choice in this case and it would come down to personal preference based on appearance v's construction quality, assuming the asking prices were similar.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I would buy the Tombak badge if the price is the same or close.

Twenty years down the road,it will probably look much better.

Comment

Hi Pierre,
        Mike has said it all.
        Here are same variants from my collection in better condition so you could compare and decide. First is tombak, second zinc.
        Cheers,
        Hubert
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your very good inputs gentlemen, it helps me a lot.

I think I'll go for the tombak badge as nearly all my KM badges are made from same metal and I like worn examples.

@ Hubert: your badges are in great condition Indeed, thank you for sharing.

regards,

Pierre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X