Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone

Comment

Fake armband in my opinion.

Comment

The symbol was used by DJ/HJ and Rad, NDASP et al. for medical related personnel. I cannot comment on if it is real or not.

Comment

Sorry, but this is a fake armband with fake stamp markings....
              John G.

Comment

Not sure about med, this runic symbol [life rune] in most often associated with NS-Frauenschaft [female wing of the NS party].

Did you black light test it ?
                The rune itself looks pretty shabby, I've never seen a stubby middle "fork" like that on any genuine period items, it appears to be misshaped, nor have I ever seen crushed velvet used on a patch/armband.
                Material doesn't appear to be period, nor does the threading.
                Conclusion: A pretty poor fantasy piece, what the stamp is supposed to represent maybe someone can comment on for the sake of curiosity.

Comment

Thanks guys. I wanted to be sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS View Post
                    Not sure about med, this runic symbol [life rune] in most often associated with NS-Frauenschaft [female wing of the NS party].

Did you black light test it ?
                    The rune itself looks pretty shabby, I've never seen a stubby middle "fork" like that on any genuine period items, it appears to be misshaped, nor have I ever seen crushed velvet used on a patch/armband.
                    Material doesn't appear to be period, nor does the threading.
                    Conclusion: A pretty poor fantasy piece, what the stamp is supposed to represent maybe someone can comment on for the sake of curiosity.
                    Take a look in some of the most basic insignia referrence books.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      Take a look in some of the most basic insignia referrence books.
                      In regards to what ?
                      The life rune is most often associated with NS-Frauenschaft, I didn't say they had an exclusive lock on it.
                      Its an ancient Norse symbol, no one did or does.
                      HJ/RAD had their own symbols, as every group did, and the life rune does not immediately pop into mind when thinking about either one - Irrespective of what your basic reference books may say.

Comment

In regards to what ?
                        The life rune is most often associated with NS-Frauenschaft, I didn't say they had an exclusive lock on it.
                        Its an ancient Norse symbol, no one did or does.
                        HJ/RAD had their own symbols, as every group did, and the life rune does not immediately pop into mind when thinking about either one - Irrespective of what your basic reference books may say.

Welcome to the forum. The symbol is indeed used by many different groups. The idea is that the armband (if it were real) could have been used by many different groups. Based on the colors etc. I would say it is probably a copy of a DJ band etc. or something like that. Who knows but NSF was not the only option. You may want to check the definition of Irrespective, the way you are using it you are implying that the books do not indicate that the symbol was used by many groups.

Comment

He is an example from the Davis book on TR Insignia- So respective to the information in the book, the symbol was used by many different groups, NSF pins are probably the most commonly encountered items using the symbol but it was used by many others.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                            NSF pins are probably the most commonly encountered items using the symbol
                            My point exactly, the life rune is most closely associated with NSF.
                            We needn't get into a snit about this, you originally said this symbol was used by HJ/RAD medics ,,, Maybe it was, but that would be pretty obscure compared to NSF.

Comment

My point exactly, the life rune is most closely associated with NSF.
                              We needn't get into a snit about this, you originally said this symbol was used by HJ/RAD medics ,,, Maybe it was, but that would be pretty obscure compared to NSF.
                              Yes, and that is why I noted et al. meaning "and others" Even though it is not real the point is it could have been one of many different organizations. I seem to remember seeing armbands like in Germany this that were Elf sized probably for DJ etc. There are other armbands for HJ that also use basic color schemes. This is probably a copy of one of those.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X