Marinehelfer/Marineoberhelfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinehelfer/Marineoberhelfer

What uniforms did Marinehelfers/Marineoberhelfers wear, since they were actually in the HJ, but served with the KM? I have found two pictures on this forum, which seem to conflict and would like additional insight.

Marine young helpers used the typical KM blue uniform, peajacket, blue side cap, ..., but also you can find (I have seen only one time) war time pictures with the KM fieldgrey uniform.

Here a picture of mine.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
      Marine young helpers used the typical KM blue uniform, peajacket, blue side cap, ..., but also you can find (I have seen only one time) war time pictures with the KM fieldgrey uniform.

Here a picture of mine.
      So they did not retain their HJ marine uniforms? This is the uniform setup I saw in one of the pictures, but the other picture showed a Marinehelfer wearing a middy, and cufftitle, but no armband... Can I see the picture of the fieldgrey uniform worn by Marinehelfer? Also, Did Marinehelfers wear rank, be it KM or HJ? Did Marineoberhelfers wear the same uniform?

Comment

All pictures that I have seen of Marinehelfers with the blue KM uniform are very similar, but with slight differences:

- Blue peajacket with side cap.
        - In some pictures you can see the HJ arm band, and in others no.
        - In some you can see the district triangle just over the MH cuff band, and in others in the upper side of the arm as is usual on the HJ, but in most of the pictures they didn't use the district.
        - Sometimes over the cuff band you can see the KM artillery carrer emblem in yellow over blue.
        - No graduation were used, only the difference in the cuff band between the Marinehefers and the Marineoberhelfers.

This picture is from my collection and is the only time I have seen a MH with the KM fielgrey uniform.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by km-spain; 01-27-2008, 11:32 AM.

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Some pics found on this very forum:
          Blue peacoat, side cap, and armband (Posted by John Robinson)

Blue middy and side cap (Posted by dunkirchen1940)

I still got some questions, which are not shown on the pictures:
          Were the Matrosenmutze (Schirmmuetze for Fieldgrey Uniform) allowed to be worn by marinehelfer?
          What kind of belt, kriegsmarine or Hitlerjugend?
          On the blue uniforms, rank does not seem to be worn. Would it be worn on field grey ones? The pic you posted shows the helfer wearing shoulder boards, but the question is are they blank, HJ ones, or having actually kriegsmarine rank?
          Last edited by willie777; 01-26-2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

IMO with the fieldgrey uniform the MH would used the KM fieldgrey sidecap and not the schirmutze. The shoulder boards on the picture are the usual enlisted man KM ones, and probably they are blank or with the flak coastal artillery emblem, but any rank.

The rank is only in the cuff band, Marinehelfer (blue band) and Marineoberhelfer (blue band with golden tress), in bothy pictures you posted you can see the Marineoberhelfer band.

About the belt no idea, I have never seen one in use.
            Last edited by km-spain; 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM.

Regards
            Eduardo

Comment

Found another pic (Posted by W Petz) The marinehelfer looks to be wearing a district triangle...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X