Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tinnie is Gretchen wearing?

Hello,

I posted this question 10 years ago, but have not been able to answer it over time. Has anyone seen it before? Gretchen F. lived just south east of Berlin. Thanks.

JEFF MACK
    Attached Files

what happened to her?

Comment

Born in 1920, Gretchen lived the majority of her life in the small town of Grunheide Fangschlesue not far from Berlin. Her father worked for the Reichsbahn. She was an administrative office worker in Berlin proper when the war began. However, she did not remain there and celebrated her 25th birthday at home with her mother and girl-friends soon before the Russian troops made there way through to capture Berlin. After the war she remained in the Soviet zone/German Democratic Republic to take care of her mother in the small home she grew up in. The current owners purchased the home from her when she went to live in a retirement home in the early 2000s. Her three packed and captioned photo albums were sold after her death (before 2010) and I purchased the earlier of them which documents her life through 1941. The other albums sold to a buyer in Germany. We exchanged pictures and information with each other and continue to do so. He visited her home last in 2016. I’m continuing to work on developing information on her life.

Comment

Well Done Jeffery ! Meeting, talking, getting to know persons from this era/time is fascinating. I have been very fortunate to have done so. Talking over dinner, a few Bitburger's, walking or pushing a wheelchair has been quite interesting. They have all been intelligent, articulate, endlessly fascinating. A real connection to the hobby.

Best Wishes for continued research of Gretchen and more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X