Rare HJ Gorget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    very nice, did each gorget received its individual Bann Nr. by stamping it inside the flag banner?
    Yes, each Bann, which was granted a Bann-flag, had a flag-bearer, who did wear the gorget with its specific number.
    The provided arm-patch for the Bann-flag did include the same number.
    It is known that at a AHS-school such gorget had the letters AHS instead of a number.

The eagle was covered with so-called Alt-silbertönung, which gives a darker grey result. The plate itself was from a sort of messing,
    which was nickle-plated first and later in silver wash. The upper both tangs always should have a saw-tooth contruction beneath.

It is known a prototype gorget was made and there was a special version for those carrying the Schellenbaum.
    Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-29-2020, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Great looking forget, Ron! Thanks for showing and I hope you’re doing better now. I wish you a speedy recovery

Thanks also to Wim for the additional information. I need to buy your book about gorgets finally, although I just collect SA/NSKK.

Comment

Hello,
        here is mine of Bann 411. Together with a DJ-flag of Jungbann 411.
        Best, Thomas
        Attached Files

Comment

officially the use of the gorget was just meant for a Bann, not for a Jungbann.
          But we know and see photos, where a gorget is worn by DJ.
          With the flag shown in the earlier post, no gorget ever was used, but an arm-patch.

Comment

I know. Just a coincident, that I have a flag of same area.
            Best, Thomas

Comment

I did not say, you did not know. But some do not have this knowledge!

Comment

Wilhelm Saris , what is the name of your Gorget book and who can I order it through ?

Comment

As I have often said, the book is in German text and available through VDM in Germany.
                  It has over 700 pages and 1,500 photographs, large format.
                  It is extremely heavy and does cost over 120,- euro (shipping not included).

Comment

Here is the cover Joe:

cover 1 - kopie.jpg

and a random page:

img192.jpg

Comment

Its a great book

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X