Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Deßloch Diamonds !

Top price for a diamonds piece 120.000 Euro = 155.000 US $

Combined Pilots and Observers Badge in Gold with Diamonds.
    The oak leaf and laurel wreath is "585" yellow gold, the eagle and the swastika are platinum. Open work with a thin gold-plating on the back. Assembled with two slit nuts on soldered threaded pins. The swastika is also pinned to the ribbon binding at the bottom of the wreath. The eagle and swastika are set with approx. 175 real diamonds. The pin has a roller hinge with the hallmark "585" in front of it. There is a safety catch for the pin, with scratched workshop marks "VI" on the hinge block and under the latch for the safety catch. Weight 43.06 g.
    The piece comes from the possessions of Generaloberst (General) Otto Deßloch, confirmed in an attached letter handwritten by Deßloch's widow in 1986. There is also a photo appraisal from Hartung. =in Hermann Historica
    regards ralf
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=standardfett width=148>Condition: I</TD><TD class=standardfett width=136>Limit: 17500 EURO</TD><TD class=standardfett width=85>
    </TD><TD class=standardfett align=right> 120000 EURO </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

To a more proper Forum....
    George

Comment

photo

photo
      Attached Files

Comment

Dessloch must have had 2. In the photo of Dessloch, that I have, he is wearing the type in silver gilt with rhinestones. In fact, the photo shows one of the rhinestones missing. I have the PO with brilliants he gave to an American who worked with him for the surrender of the Luftwaffe. Dessloch wore it, after the hostilities ended, with the swastika removed.

I will have to get some photos done of the badge and the photo, but it certainly is not impossible for a General of his stature to have the diamond piece as well as the IMIT piece.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I think that everyone awarded the Combined Pilot/Observer Badge with Diamonds would have been presented with the badge having genuine diamonds, and then given a second badge having imitation stones for daily wear. Or if not issued the badge with imitation stones, they would have been able to purchase them or have them made up by the jeweler. I'm sure Otto Dessloch owned at least two, if not more. I would think most recipients would have kept their original presentation badge, with the real diamonds, at home.

Bob,
          If possible, please post some pictures of the badge that you own.
          Best regards! Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Dessloch IMIT Duplicate

Originally posted by tyanacek
            I think that everyone awarded the Combined Pilot/Observer Badge with Diamonds would have been presented with the badge having genuine diamonds, and then given a second badge having imitation stones for daily wear. Or if not issued the badge with imitation stones, they would have been able to purchase them or have them made up by the jeweler. I'm sure Otto Dessloch owned at least two, if not more. I would think most recipients would have kept their original presentation badge, with the real diamonds, at home.

Bob,
            If possible, please post some pictures of the badge that you own.
            Best regards! Tom
            The next Lot, #7785, which sold for 21,000 Euros, is described as Dessloch's "IMIT" duplicate:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank
              Top price for a diamonds piece 120.000 Euro = 155.000 US $
              Let's not forget the 20% commission: 144.000 Euro = 187.200 US $

regards,

Darren

Comment

Sorry for pulling this thread up, but does someone have an autograph of Dessloch?
                Kind regards,
                Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

I can send you a couple examples of his signature if you send me a PM with your email address. Or are you in the market to buy one?

regards,

Darren

Comment

Here is a link to Generaloberst Dessloch's parade-mounted medalbar. I was very fortunate to stumble upon this terrific piece of history at the most recent Show of Shows.
                    Best regards! Tom

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...lace+medal+bar
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Link to a thread on my badge: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...light=dessloch

Here are other photos of the denazified PO with brilliants that Dessloch gave his American friend. This man's family auctioned off the medal and paperwork on ebay! . If you notice, in the color photo in my collection, you can see clearly that there are stones missing from the swastika. Of course, the piece recently auctioned off in Europe was complete.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Photo 2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Verso
                          Attached Files

Comment

Verso detail
                            Attached Files

Comment

Period published Heinrich Hoffmann postcard of General Dessloch....to put a face to the items here ... Cheers, Torsten.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X