Front made badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front made badges?

Does this DKIG and TDB:s stand a chance to be front made originals?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

If the front was in Pakistan they might....
      pseudo-expert

Comment

My little sister made me a same tank destruct. badge in the nursery school.

Comment

Are this part of a group to a Panzer DKiG winner?

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Unless you have a pic of him wearing it during the war it won't matter.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
              Unless you have a pic of him wearing it during the war it won't matter.

I have offcourse asked for more pics from the items in this group. But this was the first I got.

More to come...

Comment

Looks possible to me.

It is a matter how much front made originals one have seen, obviously the moderator commenting here have not seen to many.

But some provinience would be a + naturally.

Lasse

Comment

I've seen quite a few "front made" badges over the years. There are some dealers that specialize in them. Without a period photo they are not worth it. As for the "moderator" comment......
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

I know this group and comes with some photos, one of them shows the DKiG and one of the TDB in wear on a white panzer wrap.

If my memory don't fail, comes with his DKiG preliminar citation, his pants, some photos and medals.

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I can not read out the answer below from your first comment in this thread "If the front was in Pakistan they might..."

Your last answer would have been more appropriate for a moderator.

Lasse

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                      I've seen quite a few "front made" badges over the years. There are some dealers that specialize in them. Without a period photo they are not worth it. As for the "moderator" comment......

Comment

mods are people to you know and they CAN be humorous if they want to be as don was in this case!!!

Comment

Still laughing!!!

Lasse

Comment

Keep laughing.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Don is RARELY humurous, so enjoy it while it lasts

There is just no way to tell with field made badges, so you will always be out on a limb with these. However, even solid metal DK's were made in the field and very well I might add, whereas the ones posted in this thread are extremely crude even by "front" standards.

Tom
                              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X