S&L Flak Badges, Heer and Luftwaffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L Flak Badges, Heer and Luftwaffe

With a little spare time on my hands today during the holidays, I thought I would photo two of my favorite badges for your viewing pleasure. These S&L's are some of the finest detailed badges ever produced, IMO.

These have both been cleaned, dried and preserved using Renaissance Wax - no glare, no shine, no grease.

Robert
    Attached Files

I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. I was so drunk looking at Dion's RK group I was beside myself.

Please move to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Robert

Comment

Wow, since they're both Heer and LW badges I'm going to have to pick between two Fora to move it to. (Flip.) Heer wins.
      George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
        Wow, since they're both Heer and LW badges I'm going to have to pick between two Fora to move it to. (Flip.) Heer wins.
        That's good. I already started a new one in the Luft forum.

Thanks,
        Robert

Comment

The most consistent maker of these badges in zinc!

Comment

Outstanding Examples! Nice Pair!
            Eric
            I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Thanks Eric . I thought it best not to pass these nice examples up when I found them.

Robert

Comment

I personally think this is the best Heer Flak design. That eagle looks like he means business.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I totally agree with Don, you can give me an old S&L zincer any day over a tombak or buntmetal Juncker! That goes for any badge. That Heer Flak is absolutely stunning in design and even finish. Their CCCs also have a very prominent eagle, my absolute best CCC design!

Tom
                  Attached Files
                  If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Yes, S&L really was one of the premier badge manufacturers during the war, their pieces consistently being some of the finest. The more S&L's I collect, the better I see this.

Your bronze CCC is very finely detailed. Even with the eagle being so small, it is a real achievement on the designer's part.

Robert
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by robert pierce; 12-28-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Robert,
                      Superb examples. I can only echo what others have said about the S&L Heer Flak badges. My favorite for sure.

Chet
                      Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                        Robert,
                        Superb examples. I can only echo what others have said about the S&L Heer Flak badges. My favorite for sure.

Chet
                        Thanks Chet,

I too like the Heersflak, but the S&L Luftwaffe flak doesn't fail in eye-appeal itself. It's dull pale OD green shaded with a gray tone gives it a striking appearance in the company of the bronze badges. And, it's designer's attention to detail is extraordinary - the eagle's eye searching skyward for aerial intruders. It's hefty weight is surprising also. They make a fine pair of badges together.

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X