Comment

the back maker mark.
          Attached Files

Comment

how the back is pinned on.

greg koepp
            Attached Files

Comment

any help would be great, and will post the paperwork in the document section in a bit, but I don't collect this stuff so will be moving it, so any help on prices would be cool!
              just one shot here of his time i guess?

thanks for looking.

Gregory Koepp
              Attached Files

Comment

That is a very nice IAB.

Peter

Comment

The text in the wierd boxed thingy looks like Platt (slang) for Der Deutsche Eichbaum steht noch - The German Oaktree (a symbol of strength) still stands.

To venture a guess at the long-handled skull thingy, maybe to make imprints in a wax seal?

Gimme a second, I'll try and read some of the WP entries.

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

For the entry from 3.9.39 to 31.12.39, Abwehrbereitschaft an der Oberrheinfront bei II./...Inf Rgt 82

1.1.40 b. (bis) 6.2.40 Abwehrbereitschaft an der Oberrheinfront II./I.R. 358.

(Abwehrbereitschaft is something like prepared defense unit, in case they were attacked in the area of the Oberrhein)

Can't quite pick out the ones below that at the moment...

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Guys!

that badge is pretty cool after looking at it more, and the cased skull badge/pin is nice too. thanks for helping so far and looking forward to finding out more.

thanks so far!

gregory koepp

Comment

NICE lot!!

Don't sell it for too cheap!!

Comment

The long handled thingy is an envelope/letter wax seal stamp.

The IAB, I love it. The cardboard case is in fact found and kown to house BSW IAB's - a totally genuine period 'Cloud Box.'

The 'medal' is one of those regimental sorts isn't it ? Best being deliberated on the Imp. forum I guess. Cased I love it too !!!

A wonderful set, truely.

Comment

Thanks for the Info, the box is pretty cool, I like the colors! I was not sure if it was really for a IAB but the wear and tear on the paper really fits the back of the badge, how the loops have worn the paper right at the spots where they were. Ithe paper has little bug bites on it too? so that IAB has been in it for a long time, also that stamp had a wax type build up on it when i cleaned it up some so that is what it must have been for.

really cool grouping and for sale on the sale site now! unique items for someone!

Comment

Hi,

Great find!!

The loops system of this IAB seems the UK badges system.

One example - WWII 1 Canadian Parachute Corps:

VERY NICE GROUP!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Very nice find! Considering the story, I take it you got it for a very good price...

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X