Panzer Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Die

So I finally broke down and became a member. My friends were bugging me so I could post some toys. Here is my first. Enjoy.

Panzer Die front
    Attached Files

Die Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hollow Panzer Badge front(taken at same time as the die)
      Attached Files

Comment

Very cool ! I would love to have one of those one day ! Where did you find that ?

Comment

Hollow Panzer Badge Back

Comment

I purchased a bundle of items from a trusted friend overseas. It included dies for panzer, and general assault. It also included 2 unfinished silver CCC's, 1 unfinished panzer badge(shown above), several KM unfinished badges, etc....

Really odd items, but I love them.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Sorry my friend but these for sure aren't original dies. The second one is the only I can identify with certitude, it's the one used to make the "two dot" Porsche fake.

KR
              Philippe

Comment

c
                Last edited by Matt Starr; 03-28-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Yep, the two dot fake for sure. Trusted friend eh?
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

They don't look like dies to me at all. Where are the mounting holes, where are the alignment holes? Where are signs of attchament to a machine?
                    Especially the first one looks more like a table plaque.

No dies IMHO.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                      Sorry, but as stated above, these are not a dies, it is a junk used probably by "wanna be" fakers in their garage to flood ebay with more home made "casting junk". Could you please tell us where you got them from?

Comment

In addition to what has been said already, look for example at the swastika of "die 1." Very crooked, not able to produce a clear strike. Also the material is much too soft and therefor totally wrong.
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

This business of selling these 'planchets', and/or 'dies' has been around for years. In fact they are often just garbage the counterfeiter sells after good guys like you all discover how to detect their fakes..It is the last bit to try and get as much money out of their project..

Comment

Imagine that, fake dies. What will they think of next?

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
                              Imagine that, fake dies. What will they think of next?

Chet
                              How about a DIY Airfix (I don't think that brand still exists, only shows how old I'm getting) kit.

"Build your own PAB 100"

This kit contains 6 pieces, glue a brush and the correct paint

KR
                              Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X