KURLAND Cuff Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KURLAND Cuff Title

Digging around upstairs ans relocated this Kurland Title..Between the K and the U there seems to be a break in the weaving, and filled in and they continued with the weaving process.. This is very similar to the one pictured in the Soviet Museum in Berlin which was pictured in ADE's thread on Berlin.. BILL
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill. This cuff title is in my wanted list, but persanally I would have only text book variation in my collection, which was produced in Kuldiga in Latvia in 1945. All another home-made goods are very doubtful and could be accepted by me only if I get them from reliable sources. Sorry but it is my opinion.
                Attached Files

Comment

I would have to second what sergey says mine looks just like his and was purchased from detlev, It is in my opinion good advice on these to get only text book examples

Comment

Hi Bill,

Scott Pritchett wrote a great article on the Kurland CT at this link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/camp...d_cuffband.htm

The majority of the CTs were made locally within the Kurland pocket and even the best made ones aren't as well made as yours. Thats usually a red flag indicating a Repro or Vet association CT.

There were some machine embroidered ones produced in Germany during the war but they don't resemble yours.

I think if you read Scotts article all your questions will be answered.

regards Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BILL GRIST
                      I think only one variation could be accepted - it is Latvian made variation which manufacturing is documentary confirmed. At least it is 100% war time made item.

Comment

Sorry Bill, but the cuffband you show ist imo the typical pre 1945 production ...
                        Best regards, Andreas

______
                        The Wound Badge of 1939
                        www.vwa1939.com
                        The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
                        www.ek1939.com

Comment

Hi Bill,

I have to agree with the views stated above. This is my Kurland grouping that I have had fpr quite awhle.

Gary
                          Originally posted by ak72
                          Sorry Bill, but the cuffband you show ist imo the typical pre 1945 production ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Cain
                            Hi Bill,

I have to agree with the views stated above. This is my Kurland grouping that I have had fpr quite awhle.

Gary
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Cain
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X