ost medal makers mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ost medal makers mark

hi i baught a medal with the ribbon and packet mint unissued but having trouble on the makers mark it looks like L3. I looked on the main site but it dosent list this maker only 13 and 93 and it dosent look like eather any one help me out tell me what it might be?
    Thanks Adam

Hello Adam,

To the best of my knowledge, L3 or L/3 did not exist. 13 would be Gustav Brehmer of Markneukirchen, and 93 would be Richard Simm & Sohn of Gablonz.
    What does it say on the back of the issue packet? The makers name should be on the back of the packet, printed in black ink and enclosed within a rectangle. If the packet is original to the medal, it should be possible to determine the number on the suspension ring of the medal. It would also help if you could post some pictures. What does the packet have printed on the front? Does it have the name of the medal, or just a large LDO in a rectangle?
    Best regards! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks tom i will try and get the photos up this week end the packet is a pink ostmedal on and the mark looks like curan? B?hamen marine???chen i. 5a
      Thanks Adam

Comment

Hello Adam,

That style of script can be difficult to read. Im sure that your issue packet reads; 'Gustav Brehmer Markneukirchen/Sa.' The number on the suspension ring would be 13 for this maker.
        Best regards! Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom that sounds like it, this packet is the same maker
          Is 13 a common maker?
          Thanks Adam

Comment

Hello Adam,

13 is a common maker for the Russian Front Medal, but it is nice to have the matching packet to the medal.
            Best regards! Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X